ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tablet vs Mouse

Gallery
    View images

Tablet vs Mouse

I never used a mouse with ArtRage. Had my old graphire for 9 years before I found artrage.

But I would think using a mouse would be like holding a brick and trying to smear paint when using traditional oils or watercolor.

I know ArtRage works with multitouch so I wonder if that would be like having a pen and tablet?

Judith
    See ArtRage2.5 and 3.0 Studio Pro Tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/JudithTramayne
    or
    https://www.artrage.com/artragebasic.html

Children's Book - The Wonderful World of Wunks
    Written, illustrated, animated and narrated by Judith Tramayne

Gallery
    View images
    I am concerned that they are selling the original Bamboo fun here. I think it came without the touch feature. I may have to have someone send one to me. I will see when the pain goes away a bit. I can park a few yards from the stores. I only have to put up with the holes in the road.

Gallery
    View images
    Yeah i have one the Bamboo Fun as well Ken, i don't think it comes with the touch feature, but the last time i updated the drivers i noticed in Task Manager one of the processes was Vista touch support.

I don't need touch, i much prefer using a pen and trying to do anything artistic with a mouse is like painting with a bar of soap whilst i was waiting for my Bamboo to come i gave up painting for a little while, it was too damn frustrating
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    You should go to the Wacom website. they have a video on the new Bamboo touch and pen tablet. The touch is for moving things around, zoom and things like that. you can even rotate it by moving your fingers in a circle on the pad. I would get one if i could find it.

is it means we can rotate ar canvas with touch? cool

Gallery
    View images
    Believe it or not but there are several Ragers on here that do use the mouse and create incredible artwork! It absolutely amazes me how they do it but they do so remarkably well! Not me....I believe I invented some new cuss words trying to use the mouse prior to me getting the tablet and pen!!!

Gallery
    View images
    It may be worth mentioning that the fabulous Ms Coops uses a mouse because she can't get used to the Bamboo.... Makes you wonder what wonders she could create with AR3 and using the tablet!

Gallery
    View images
    I thought she used the mouse because she didn't want her boss to catch her at work. . . .

Gallery
    View images
    How to get used to the pen and tablet....just play a couple of hours of solitaire. Moving the cards around gives you a feel for the pen and tablet.

I haven't used a mouse since I got my graphire 11 or 12 years ago. I use the pen for everything. The reason I got it was the pain I would get with the mouse. Spending 12 to 16 hours a day on the computer can really hurt with a mouse.

Not so with the pen.

Another reason why I stuck with my old Graphire. I tried the Graphire 3 and hated it. Gave it to my Grandson. Well that was before I knew you could change a lot of the settings and not have it be so dang touchy.

If I barely hovered my pen over it, the paint would go shooting off the page. Very annoying. Now with the new Wacom drivers and tablet properties, I doubt this happens anymore.

Judith
    See ArtRage2.5 and 3.0 Studio Pro Tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/JudithTramayne
    or
    https://www.artrage.com/artragebasic.html

Children's Book - The Wonderful World of Wunks
    Written, illustrated, animated and narrated by Judith Tramayne

Gallery
    View images
    I bought and used ArtRage for perhaps 9 months before getting a Bamboo Fun several months ago. For whatever odd reason, I find myself using the mouse for perhaps 80% of my efforts and am quite comfortable with it (I do, however, often use large canvases and zoom way in).

Unfortunately, whatever skills I've developed in digital art have NOT translated to my hands-on pencil and paper tries. I've vowed to try to wean myself off the mouse as much as possible in hopes that what my hands "learn" with the tablet will translate to hands-on skills...at least a bit.

I suppose I'm saying that creating halfway decent works is possible with the mouse but it probably will not improve your non-digital works (well...other than imrpoving your "eye" of course). Anyway, that's been my experience.

jb