ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your opinion

Your opinion

Sorry for the delay, here is it....please your opinion will be most welcome...hope you like it.

This one is called "Wolf"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WOLF.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	37434

Hi everyone, my name is Julio Caicedo. Im new to the ArtRage site and Ill really appreciate if you can give me your thoughts on the paintings I just posted.

Ive seen amazing work done by several people here and its just amazing.

Cheers,

Julio
    Last edited by Caicedo; 12-14-2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason: uploading a file

Julio, Where are they posted?
    The normal place to post them is either on this section or on the gallery section. They will get the most replies here.
    All you have to do is go down from the text screen and download them in that section. After they are downloaded, preview them and then submit them. I am sure you will recieve many pleasant critiques.
    Also, welcome to the group.

Sure he can. He just needs to use the attachment manager at the bottom of the post box to upload the images to AR site itself, instead of trying to hotlink them.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I uploaded 6 works on the gallery section

Hi guys!!

Thanks for your kind words, the upload its kinda tricky, nevertheless I managed to post several paintings on the gallery section. I cant do the same here.....

Thanks...thats really encouraging.

Thank you Matt for your kind words, If you have anything to show up, Id love to give my 2 cents....Im far from being a pro..but Ill do my best.

Regards,

Julio

Giant Steps

Matt,

Just saw "GIANT STEPS" and really love it. I was hooked by the contrast of the character against the totally black background. That was intense.

Cheers

Julio

"escape"

Ok, finally managed to upload a picture....ufff...please your opinion will be most welcome.

Julio

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ESCAPE.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	293.2 KB 
ID:	37433

You got it!!!

Same as you buddy, I just like to paint, its a great hobbie for me...Ill be glad to see your work.

Julio

not sure

Well, I tried a lot of stuff on the beggining, you know trying to paint in a way that actually made sense....then I discover NOIR art...and basically thats what Im pursuing.

I bought a couple of books

How to draw Noir Comics (the art and Technique of visual Storytelling by SHAWN MARTINBROUGH.

Drawing Crime Noir for comics & Graphic Novels by CHRISTOPHER HART.

I used those 2 books for basics, then I foud I cannot draw like them...but I fell in love with the challenge of only using BLACK AND WHITE (and anything in between)....

So basically thats what I do....as far as inspiration...well...I do read a lot of fantasy books from authors such as.

Patrick Rothfuss
    Joe Abercrombie
    Susanna Clarke
    Brandon Sanderson
    George R.R. Martin
    Neil Gaiman

Check out the 9 Oclock Gallery

Hey Matt,

Ive just posted a couple of drawings in the 9 Oclock section...Ill be glad if you check them out.

Cheers,

Julio