ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How to find your Registration Key (Mac version)

How to find your Registration Key (Mac version)

Here's how to rediscover your registration key if you're a Macintosh user, in case you (like me, alas :-) have your CD, and box, but not registration key.

In the finder, open your main hard drive, and look for the "Library" folder. This is NOT the "Library" that's in your home directory.

Inside that is a folder called "Application Support", and inside that one is one called "ArtRage 2". That has a file called "reg.inf". Drag that file to TextEdit to see the contents... mine has my name, and then the 20-letter registration key.

For Windows users, see IrishRose's directions on this page (scroll down, it's the last post on the page).
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

Well IrishRose, honestly, I have to thank you! I had thought my registration key lost forever, until I read your note about unearthing it from the Windows registry. This caused the proverbial light to go on over my head, and made me think that I'd find it politely stored away in one Library or another... and sure enough! So it's nice to hear you'll be able to use the information too.

Oh, and it's simply shocking that Smith Micro wouldn't give me my registration key, simply because I never registered it with them and thus they had no evidence whatsoever that I'd ever bought it! What depths we've fallen to in these hard times... :-)
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay