Thread: "Holding out on Artrage 2.5" Whatever that means...

"Holding out on Artrage 2.5" Whatever that means...

Most times when I create something I start doodling around – and overpaint everything I didnīt like... but in this case that didnīt help (very much)

So I decided to make the best of it and took an grayscale Version of the "painting" (Export Layer with shift click from Tips and Tricks) and rendered it in a 3D landscape app (Vue de Esprit).

I took 36 hours to calculate a 10000x7500 pixel image. What a pain!

I want to take this rendered Version as a starting point for further artraging

I think the phrase "Holding out on Artrage 2.5" isnīt correct English and for native speakers it has a weired meaning... but now the work is done

I wanted to say something like: Even if AR3 is released "I go on painting with 2.5" (but in real life thats of coures a lie)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stone 5 mini.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	455.2 KB 
ID:	37140  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    holding out for management position

Gallery
    View images
    I agree with Matthew, the first painting is amazing.
    Sandyg.

what i cant belive im not looking at a real picture. So amazing im holding out too. Spent a little to much for the holidays
    The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration

Rendering with vue is always a pain for me (i'm using vue 8 pioneer which is free) ,cool displacement(?) in vue, vue requiring both high end cpu and gpu i believe before it can run smoothly. Nice effects.