ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: problem with brush delay and rotating

Gallery
    View images

Arrow problem with brush delay and rotating

Artrage was working perfectly until yesterday, when my pencil started being delayed.
    For example: i start drawing a line with a big, soft brush: i place my pen on the tablet, and starts moving it to the left: when i have moved the pen about a centimeter, the brush appears, and stays a centimeter behind the courser at all time. If i start moving the pen backwards, the the right, the brush suddenly catches up, and even makes the stroke a centimeter longer than the one i actually drew. Then the brush ends, and starts a new strok in the direction I'm now drawing; even though i never release the pen. When i DO release the pen, the brush catches up again, and finishes the stroke.
    I tried turning on "precise pencil", but it doesn't work the same way as the normal pencil worked in the beginning. It just makes the pencil act like the airbrush, and that's not what i want. I also tried the "precise tablet" mode, but no change either.

Why is this happening all of a sudden? It's like i changed a setting somewhere or Artrage suddenly thinks i haven't got a tablet or something. It's driving me crazy..
    Hope you guys can help me. I've been looking everywhere for a solution to the problem :/

I made a image to explain the problem, but i can't post it here. Go to "kortlink.dk", and the insert "/78d2" behind the url, it'll take you to the image.

Gallery
    View images
    Normally the pencil tool would tend to be a little behind the cursor at all times and catch up on stroke reversals, and when you lift the stylus due to the technology we use for rendering the stroke. So I assume that you had this behavior prior to yesterday but there's been a dramatic increase in the displacement between the cursor and the stroke, is that correct?

Are you at 100% zoom or are you zoomed in further?
    Can you let me know what operating system you are using?
    Also, what is the make and model of your tablet, and are you using the latest drivers for your tablet?
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    here ya go... I was in the neighborhood anyway...

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for that. I also had a look at the image and the 'breaks' you are getting in the paint stroke when you put the stylus through a sharp reversal like that are not unexpected. Andy explains it in more detail here:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...9&postcount=19
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design