ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: hummer

Gallery
    View images

hummer

I am not real happy with the copper scroll work. Any ideas on how to make it more coppery and tubular?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hummer.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	37060  

Gallery
    View images
    Still needs touch up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hummer2.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	263.3 KB 
ID:	37171  

Gallery
    View images

Talking

really it doesnt look right because of the way your doing it. i would stop using what ever it is that you used and start over with normal smooth colors like the oil brush or crayon. the copper is going to have alot of reflection in it. there for changing its color is certain places. if you look at a pipe, its round and it looks round because the way the light hits it and where the highlights go. you can still texture it to give that old school look but i would use stencils for that not the metallic setting if thats what you used. get some reference photos of the net and just closely look at all the little details in the copper. it wont be one copper color with highlights in it.

i hope that help at least a little bit.
    my work- gusion85.deviantart.com

Gallery
    View images
    In addition... I would suggest first painting the midtones, then the highlights and the shadows...and then blending.

Gallery
    View images

Red face

That makes sense. The hummer was so easy that I expected all the background stuff to be as easy. This is from a picture I took and I'm afraid I never really looked at the shading of the copper, just the curves. So with my new perspective I will try actually looking at what I am trying to imitate! Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Gallery
    View images
    no problem. if you need any more help no matter how small just ask.

its all in the tiny details.
    my work- gusion85.deviantart.com