Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flutterby

Gallery
    View images

Flutterby

greetings once again..

so.. as promised .. something a little less arb

this was actually done a while ago for an ex girl.. she was obsessive with anything to do with butterfly's

C&C's welcome ..

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

wow thats pretty amazing roache as with all work i have seen from you. the butterfly looks like a real one as well as the texture on its wings.. I like how you used color to make it stand out so much, but what can i critique here? haha im not that great of an artist yet to critique any of your amazing work, it looks flawless to my eye

Gallery
    View images
    hey Vul Man

Thank you very much.. I much appreciate the comment..

but compared to some of the artists on here i still have allot to learn.. namely waheed and few others..

just wanted to display some other works of mine that didnt portray that im a completely weird guy ..HAHA..

keep on "raging" man.. ive seen some nice pieces of yours as well

G

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Roache,

Your new avatar is very fun. Getting ready for Halloween.

I love the butterfly drawing. And I like the flowers. Really delicate.

It's not easy to crit something so nice. But if I had to, it would be the direction of the hatching above the wing. It's visibly not following the direction of the rest -- which looks like the wood siding on a shed or something. If it's wood, the grain probably wouldn't change directions like that.

It draws a little attention to itself.

But it's all very well done.

Gallery
    View images
    Do you use only Artrage?

Gallery
    View images
    amazing picture
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Gallery
    View images
    Great use of selective color... I like to use several different applications to play and give myself a lot of choices before making a decision on what is the finished version. I figure since it's for me to satisfy me then use anything and everything.
    You'll know when you get there!

Gallery
    View images

hi.

hello there Roache...now this one is a beautiful piece...nice mood and color choice. i esp like the soft feel of those nicely done flowers(plant) and the butterfly, some nice shading on her wings as well, making it very delicate indeed.
    im sure your ex girlfriend mustve loved it.
    and thank u very much for mentioning my name amongst your favorite artitsts....

ill be visiting other threads very soon, im at work right now. see ya.

good work once again mate...cheers.
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Gallery
    View images
    beautiful Roache- I like the limited use of colour it really makes the butterfly pop out from its surrounds and the detail in the whole peice is amazing...you must have loads of patience

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Gallery
    View images
    Wow,, thank you for all the kind words guys.

still have allot to learn as an artist.. and certainly do appreciate the crits as well as compliments given.

D akey : hehe.. thanks man .. thought the pic of me was a little too backstreet boy.. thought i'd spice it up a little ..HA
    indeed i have to agree with you on that crit.. it is rather distracting.. the background was just supposed to be a filler and not an actually object. thanks

Levent : Straight to the heart of the matter as per usual.. yes and no.. in my last 4 i have only used Artrage..
    However with this one it was it was a cross between Art and Photoshop..
    PS for contrast ...and a very fine pencil in artrage..

Enchanter.. Thank a million, all i can say to you is keep up your side of the "Rage" .. your work is certainly one i keep an eye on.

Waheed: Again.. thank you.. Yes.. indeed she was .. she had 3 of her best friends living abroad.. and i got them to write a ltter and send it to me .. framed the picture and stuck the 3 letters on the back. it was a gift for her Birthday..

Selby.. hehe.. the patience one has when one is in love is quite something eh... The black and white with a bit of colour is one way i like to draw attention in my works. I have another idea i wish to work on. Which is similar. Thanks for the kind words

G