ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Art Rage 3

Art Rage 3

I am sitting on the fence deciding if I should invest in 2.5 if 3 is coming out soon.

I want all the bells and whistles of 3 (brushes)... I am used to Painter brushes.

Any news re the release?

Well, I thought about purchasing it, as I have gone to do it twice today. So, I am browsing the forum to see what is up. I downloaded the freebie, but for me it is not enough, I must purchase it to really play. Spoiled you know! ... Thanks for the response. I was hoping it was coming out shortly ... (this month)!

You get to upgrade to 3.0 for the difference in price. Really, why not get ar 2.5 for the unbelievable price of 25 bucks. Then upgrade when 3 comes out. That way you get two usable apps. I don't think it will be available to get ar 2.5 after 3.0 is released, so to me it is kind of a no brainer. 3.0 has everything that you can do in 2.5 but much much more. Still I am holding on to my ar2.5 just for the sheer history of the program. And 2.5 is a fantastic program.

Also, Amazon is selling off the boxed version for $20 now

But keep in mind they said that limited time special upgrade offer is for...
    "users who purchased ArtRage 2 Full Edition directly from us via our Kagi store"

Yes, but that goes only for the more affordable offer: "ArtRage 2.x to Studio: $15. ArtRage 2.x to Studio Pro: $55."

For those who purchased the ArtRage Deluxe box from Amazon or ArtRage Wacom Edition with their Bamboo tablet, the offer is:
    "ArtRage 2.x to ArtRage Studio: $25. ArtRage 2.x to ArtRage Studio Pro: $65."

Check the second sticky in the Announcements forum.

I know - but if they WANT a nice boxed set, it's actually affordable now, and would be *nearly* the same price.

Two questions. First, is there any chance Artrage 3 will be out in time for Christmas? It would make a great gift for my daughter.

Second, with the upgrade pricing, does one forfeit their AR2 license when upgrading to 3 or would they then have a license for 2 and 3?

Thanks

Basically, you keep 2.5, you just can't upgrade with that reg. code again.

Well, I went ahead and bought it, and I am not at all sorry I did. I am just anxious for 3.0. Also, if Wacom thought it suitable to bundle with some of their tablets, to me, that says something.

There are lots of pros and cons all over the net ... but as with all artist tools, we make them our own after we purchase. I plan to work with the program quite alot over the next few days. Hopefully I will become an addict as most of you are.