ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Unable to change my avatar

Unable to change my avatar

Hi,

I have been trying to change my avatar to something i actually painted, but to no avail. The image is actually quite a smaller in size than the allowed 19.5kb, but each time the page just hangs until it finally gives me the lame web page suggestion that I check that I have an Internet connection etc, etc.

A while back there was something to do with the site not working properly...?
    Is this still the case and therefore the reason I cannot upload a new avatar?

Thanks chaps

Make sure it's in the right format jpeg is the best for the size i think, and the maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or below 19.5 K.

I know you probably have seen the second part, also what's the error message say, that would help alot
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

The image is jpeg, size 17.9kbs.
    The error page states: Connection closed by remote server, with the ambient address+update avatar 'unavailable'. BTW the connection is still working, and I have tried since friday to no avail I have also tried all of the lame suggestions on that error page including press F12, but nothing works...

My bet is that you'll have to manually erase the history and cookies of your browser.(ctrl,shift+del for firefox users.)
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Hi Rowena,

Could you email me at support@artrage.com with the exact text of the error message, and if possible attach the image you're attempting to change your avatar to? I can take a look at that for you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design