Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help remembering a program

Gallery
    View images

Need help remembering a program

Hey folks, I'm trying to recall a program I use to use a while back. I can't for the life of me remember the name of it though, maybe someone here knows what I'm talking about.

It was some sort of vector generator, where you load a text file with all these different parameters and such. You then press the "Generate" button until you get the result you want. Whether it be a tree, bush, object...etc.

It was a wonderfully useful program for landscapes.
    +I only see the good qualities in people. Not being faultless myself, I won't probe into the faults of others+

Gallery
    View images
    Are you talking about a 3D program? Most of the older ones were that way. Or is it like one of those world/landscape generator programs? I didn't ever use them.

Perhaps if you clarified a bit it may help people zero in on what you're looking for. And also would perhaps help when you're doing searches.

Good luck. Sounds like a cool program.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    If I understand you correctly, there are several programs like that. Most of the ones I know of generate 3d models though. Here are some links:

Arbaro
    ngPlant
    tree[d]
    dryad
    plant studio
    Terragen
    Tree Generator

(I can't post the URLs because it won't let me, but you can google the names and it should get you to the right place.

With a little more information I may be able to help you more...

Matt

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for the replies. From what I remember it was a 2D program, the program name I think had the word "Art" in it. You would load these text files that had these parameters and such. And you would press "Generate" repeatedly until you got what you wanted. Their website had a gallery where users would post their work, attached with the "code" they used to generate it. I really wish I could remember more, I'll do some more searching later on. Here is an old example picture made with the program.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Graveyard.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	249.6 KB 
ID:	36798  

+I only see the good qualities in people. Not being faultless myself, I won't probe into the faults of others+

Gallery
    View images
    You're not on a mac are you?

Matt

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by msavard View Post
    You're not on a mac are you?

Matt
    No sire, PC.

Gallery
    View images
    Were any of these it?

http://directory.fsf.org/category/2d/

Judith
    See ArtRage2.5 and 3.0 Studio Pro Tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/JudithTramayne
    or
    https://www.artrage.com/artragebasic.html

Children's Book - The Wonderful World of Wunks
    Written, illustrated, animated and narrated by Judith Tramayne

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith Tramayne View Post
    Were any of these it?

http://directory.fsf.org/category/2d/

Judith
    Thanks for that list, gave 'em a good look over. But didn't see anything familiar. Thank-you though Judith.

Gallery
    View images
    The only one i can think of is Adobes Streamline, but i'm sure you'd remember if it was an Adobe product

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Juz View Post
    The only one i can think of is Adobes Streamline, but i'm sure you'd remember if it was an Adobe product
    I would haha. Hmm, I just can't believe that its not popular anymore in Google search and all that. Was a very useful program to have handy. Thanks for everyone's time to help me with this , I'll keep looking in the future. Cheers!