Thread: Curious

Gallery
    View images

Curious

What is the criterion for being a beta tester for ArtRage? I'm asking because I am down right jealous!!!!

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Bobbi,
    I cannot speak regarding beta testing of ArtRage, but I have been a beta tester for several other software packages and each company has different guidelines. As such, it was never easy but always rigorous even demanding of my time and often exceeded my knowledge of computer skills. I had to make a commitment, sign a nda. Yes, the "icing on the cake" was to see the upgrade in its early stages and hopefully have some input even influence on its new features. I have volunteered in some cases or just been invited to private beta testing-in that case, I think it was because I was considered a part of the minority of users, i.e. a woman. In all cases, I received the new version free. And it did involve many, many downloads, computer crashes, frozen screens and frustration to the max. Others can attest to that.

I do hope you get the opportunity, though, since you are eager and would probably have great insight for the development process!

Gallery
    View images
    Another thought for anyone who would LOVE to beta test-there are small developers of software and right now, I know of one in particular who is looking for those to help test. It is software writer's would use for PC's and it is what some hope to match Scrivener (Mac). If you want more info, please just send me a private message since this is off topic. Thanks.

And what Rose said, yes!