ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ArtRage 3 in Digital Artist Issue 1

ArtRage 3 in Digital Artist Issue 1

Have just received Issue 1 of Digital Artist (replacement magazine for Offical Corel Painter Magazine). It seems that news, tutorials etc for ArtRage will be featured in this new magazine. In Issue 1 there is a tutorial 'Paint Skies in ArtRage and Painter' by Simon Dominic.

Will be great to have this support and other offerings in future issues.

A shame you can't subscribe to a digital edition as I don't subscribe to printed magazines on principle. Apart from that, it's nice to see ArtRage receiving more media attention. :-)

He hee Simon has been used by corel for box art and to promo painter in the past i believe.
    Here is a link to his site
    http://www.painterly.co.uk/
    What a coup for the Artrage Team
    Last edited by Juz; 12-04-2009 at 10:52 PM.

Thanks for the link. On the digital artists magazine forums, this thread (http://www.digitalartistdaily.com/fo...ic.php?f=8&t=5) says they will have a ten-page feature on ArtRage Studio Pro in issue 2 of the magazine, on sale on 31 December.

For those who have read the magazine, is it worth buying? I love the quality of the tutorials in ImagineFX but the endless parade of half-naked large-breasted girls has put me off and I no longer buy it. So when I checked out this magazine, I was equally put off by the girl on the cover. Am I the only one who wants to draw and learn from art that isn't immature fantasy?

Sunflower

Quote Originally Posted by IrishRose61 View Post
    John, can I ask where you live? I live in Florida and I have not received my first copy of Digital Artist. I know it was set to go on sale on Nov. 30 in stores/newstands, but I never got a copy. I really feel like I missed out, unless the Royal Mail is just backed up. I hope that's all it is. I don't want to miss the launching of the first issue of the new mag!
    Strangely, Irish Rose, as I live in Australia I would have expected to be way behind the US in receiving my subscription. I was glad to get it so quickly as I was looking forward to seeing what the new magazine would offer and, I must say, it has lived up to my hopes. It is great to see the ArtRage content.

Welcome to the forums Mate, glad to have another Aussie here, can't have to many of them aye hehehe

Hope you enjoy your stay on the friendliest forums in the world
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Quote Originally Posted by IrishRose61 View Post
    Hi John, thanks for your reply. Is this your first issue?
    I had been subscribing to the Corel magazine and the first issue of Digital Artist was just a continuation of that subscription. Hope your issue reaches you real soon. I think you will enjoy.

just a couple of images to give those who haven't seen the mag an idea of what it's like. seems fairly similar to imagine fx to me although with a lot more tutorials.

will be nice if the next issue has an AR3 demo (but only if the full version hasn't been released as of then)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	digartmag02.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	296.3 KB 
ID:	36900  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Where about in Australia do you hail from JT, i'm on the mid north coast a little town called Toormina
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    Where about in Australia do you hail from JT, i'm on the mid north coast a little town called Toormina
    Hi, Silentman, I live in the Lower Blue Mountains outside Sydney - only metres from the Glenbrook entrance to the Park which is great. Am relatively new to ArtRage and enjoying it very much. Good to make contact with you.