ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demiurge's Fire

Demiurge's Fire

Last illustration I have painted with Artrage and Opencanvas...
    (With the support of Painter and Gimp for some little effect like the red-hot air.)

marvellous stuff Ico .....

thats OMG territory!
    brilliant
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Thanks for your support, you are kind as ever!
    Speggie, congratulations for your monsters gallery; I think it's very funny and well-done and Enchanter, the strokes of your last works are beautiful and interesting.

Good job, guys! :wink:

Very pretty! wait i shouldnt call it pretty.. more like sinister or menacing. Wonderful illustration and the small details of the girls soul and whatnot is very nice as well as the glowing effects.

Some details...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Attached Images Attached Images   

The last detail... A happy smile!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	detail02_111.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	3269  

You clearly have a good handle on model sheet drawing.

My only crit would be that the demiurge's pose that we see in the full painting is not dramatic. It's almost like he's hanging out on the street corner, with hip cocked in a relaxed way.

I think it's because the vertical sweeping line from down below to his upper torso changes weight and direction slightly at the pelvis region. This slows the line down and loses any menace of cobra-like speed. And a puffed out chest and shoulders would imply threat and being on the verge of attack.

I would reserve that cobra hood flair that looks like it's beginning at the hip for the chest area where it would be more natural to show a flair reminiscent of a cobra hood flaring out.

Body language and composition have to tell the story in one still image quite often. Exaggeration of certain aspects sometimes helps to communicate, especially in a muscled character such as this. He looks to hold physical threat as a characteristic. So speed of line would be consistent with his speed.

All that said, I can fully appreciate your skills as a character designer and draughstman. And I know you would have no problem incorporating this into future compositions.

The change of thinking lies in the difference between an informational model sheet and making the character act. Different chops.

Wow, fantastic image.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"