Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron's ArtRage Explorations

Ohhh, I'm getting e-mails saying can't see my pics - and it seems to be true for most threads in the forums. See post from Andy at: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...t=24214&page=2

Certainly when the current maintenance is completed everything will be back up and running.

And now, for a moment of ZaZen.

EDIT: Yay!!!! We're back up and running again.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 12-04-2009 at 12:01 PM.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

Dear Byron, I Can See Them Now!! you must have been in virtual Heaven doing these bauties!! , wish they had titles so i could tell you my fav's but they are all terrific,,, really like the one with the little boy with the propeller on his head, all real teasers for the AR3, just wonderful!!!!

Hey Byron! By the response everyone is giving, these must be incredible images unfortunately the attachments are not showing up for me This appears to be a separate problem from the one earlier today when none of the attachments were showing up on any of the threads. This is the only thread that I still cannot see any attachments. Did you remove them or am I missing something? Hope all is well with you, sounds like you have been busy testing my Christmas gift!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchism71 View Post
    Hey Byron! By the response everyone is giving, these must be incredible images unfortunately the attachments are not showing up for me This appears to be a separate problem from the one earlier today when none of the attachments were showing up on any of the threads. This is the only thread that I still cannot see any attachments. Did you remove them or am I missing something? Hope all is well with you, sounds like you have been busy testing my Christmas gift!
    Hi Sketch. Wow. I don't know why you can't see the images there must be about 30 in the thread. I'm not sure what to do, but I'll follow up with Matt/Dave/Andy and see if they can point us in the right direction.
    EDIT: Eddie, here's the feedback from Dave:
    Hi Byron, Looks ok here when I try a couple of different browsers. Probably a good call for them to do a refresh of the page as it appears that the forums themselves are displaying the images correctly. Perhaps they have a cached page from when the server was undergoing maintenance earlier.
    Otherwise, they can email me at [email protected] with the details of the problem and I'll do my best to help them out.
    Best Regards,Dave
    EDIT: Also try the "clear recent history" selection on the tools menu in Firefox. That just solved a similar problem for me viewing another thread.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 12-04-2009 at 04:51 PM.

Good God! Those are incredible! Applause first and for most to you and the artistry and talent behind the creation of these. I hope AR3 comes with a "Byron" tool! What a fantastic thread. Over 2000 views and over 75 comments in just 3 days. I think that is an AR record!

As far as the earlier issue. The images are still not showing up in Firefox (even after refreshing the thread) but they do show up in Explorer. I will try to re boot later and see if anything changes... Very strange. Maybe Firefox cannot handle the extreme Byron pixelation and color contortions.
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Eddie, thanks so much for the many thumbs up. You know how much I admire your paintings. To me they are all "Ambient Highlights". I just saw your "Mayflower" for the first time and about fell out of my chair; and likewise Rosy was totally bowled over. I'm much looking forward to what you'll do with AR3 - I know you are going to be thrilled with it. Thanks again for your exuberant review and good humor too. Very much appreciated.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 12-06-2009 at 04:14 AM.

A Fun Writing & Line Brush

Here is a fun example that in and of itself demonstrates how a sticker sheet can be turned into a useful brush.

Name:  4-square writing sticker.PNG
Views: 12280
Size:  30.1 KB

The four colored squares are the simplest of possible stickers. You can visually grasp how they could be joined together to make a colorful writing brush, which is illustrated in the image below. Simple approaches like this will be fun for children and adults alike to create all kinds of fun tools for projects.

From this simple example it can be easy to grasp how various shapes, lines, textures and colors can be brought together in myriads of ways to make all manner of useful brushes to accomplish all sorts of tasks. For those who like puzzles (like me) it can be fun to dream up brush possibilities just for the exhilaration of discovering what's possible.

Blow up the image full screen and you can see very clearly how the stickers come together to create this particular brush.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-square writing-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	430.2 KB 
ID:	36764  
    Last edited by byroncallas; 12-06-2009 at 04:16 AM.

That sticker brush is so Cool McCool ... love how direction changes the colour emphasis

Juz & Rose:
    Thank you both so much. Big smiles - chocolate too.

A Tutorial
    Taking Advantage of the SELECT Tool to
    Create a Stylized Abstract Painting

The new select tool in AR3 has many uses. One of them is selecting an area in which to paint while the rest of the canvas is masked. You can select many areas at once to create a complex graphic design with many shapes that can then be painted into while the rest of the canvas is masked. It can dramatically speed up creating, for example, an abstract that has a complex grid of forms.

This tutorial illustrates a simple process in ten steps and spreads over three posts.

STEPS 1 THROUGH 5
    : The images are in order below. They are best viewed blown up full screen.

Image 1: Use the SELECT tool to start a gridded layout of forms. (You can make squares, rectangles, circles, ovals or any manner of odd shapes.)

Image 2: Complete the grid. This can be accomplished in a matter of minutes with the add, subtract and replace features of the select tool.

Image 3: Inside the grid area, use the ink pen to quickly color in the grid and make a stencil with the “create stencil from layer” feature. This is helpful in case you “deactivate” the live grid at any time.

Image 4: For this painting fill the grid area with a “bump” type paint (glitter and tube paint are best for this) which will be used later to create dimensionality in the forms. I used glitter.

Image 5: On a new layer, create a background (Not necessary now, but I have done so here to give me ideas about how I want to lay out color. You’ll notice later I change my mind about the background.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	263.0 KB 
ID:	36812   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	389.8 KB 
ID:	36813   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	375.5 KB 
ID:	36814   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	456.7 KB 
ID:	36815   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05 background-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	466.4 KB 
ID:	36816  

Last edited by byroncallas; 12-06-2009 at 04:24 AM.