Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron's ArtRage Explorations

TURNING A STICKER INTO A UNIQUE BRUSH

Here is an example of creating a sticker to turn it into a brush. In this case I was looking for something that could be transformed into producing cloth thread effects, and thistle effects, and could also provide subtle texture and color variation when painting relatively smooth surfaces. Having already experimented, I felt the sticker drawing here might do the trick.
    Name:  InkLines1.png
Views: 5058
Size:  27.1 KB
    The drawing was made with the ink pen.
    Then I imported it to the sticker creator to turn it into a sticker.
    Then, using the sticker spray gun tool and its versatile spray gun variation module, I was able to make several "preset" brushes to accomplish the task.

The first image below shows different swatches of design and texture being made with various settings.

The second is the final swatch image that I can use as a future reference to remind me of what the new brush presets can do.

The third is a painting using various spray variations for the sticker, with focus on the thistle qualities. The whole painting is made with brushes made from this sticker. Again, I make little paintings like this for future reference.

With a little practice you can make brushes to accomplish just about anything. And you can get many happy surprises from your sticker brushes just playing with the infinitely variable spray variation module, the color picker, the brush sizer, and the spray variation rate. For example, it is changing the brush size (in part) that transoms the output of this sticker from providing rough, thistle-like textures to producing variable smooth surfaces with subtle color variations.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inkline sticker demo-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	458.9 KB 
ID:	36707   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	InkLine1 Swatches-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	466.5 KB 
ID:	36708  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by byroncallas; 12-06-2009 at 05:08 AM.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

A real class on AR3. Beyond beautiful and tasteful you present the many facets of AR3 in a very didactic and precise way. Wow, congratulations Byron.

Just can't stop visiting your thread whenever you posted a screenshot of that kind of "matrix" panel. It's so excited to see how you made those stickers from it and at the same time my mind is visually working/playing too..ha..ha. The last one is very creative pattern and color.

Pai, thanks so much for your return visits and warm response. Your enthusiasm is infectious and lifts me up.

Oriane - my good friend - thanks for that particular and specific feedback - much appreciated. And I can tell you that you will very much appreciate the advancements in AR3. I'm much looking forward to what you are going to do with it.

Rose - you remain the bestest - thanks for always being a champion.

Adore that last piece Byron
    Looks like textile art.. who would believe it was digital paint

If anyone wishes to have an idea of how powerful the new ArtRage is and how great is Your art talent, dear Byron, there's no better place than to come here and ecstatically see this gallery rolling out under his eyes!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Byron--I have enjoyed looking at your Ar3 work here ( for some reason I cannot seem to see any of the later attachments-just nothing there--if this a Mac thing? Makes me crazy as I want to see...) anyway, cool work, and I am sure it will only get better as everyone settles into it.
    I have been too overwhelmed to even respond to any thread but yours!
    "If I could only learn to be humble, I would be so proud." Author Unknown.

Silvy: Thanks for the resounding cheer.

Juz: As ever, thanks for continuing to drop in with your fun observations. Terrif. You're a pal.

Caesar: Thanks dear friend - you are the prince of princes.

Rob: So GREAT to see you pop in and much appreciate your kind words. I've missed you. I'm not sure why you aren't seeing some of the images - they all show up for me. But I'm having a similar problem when visiting Cedric's great thread - makes me think maybe a problem in the forum displays??? Probably worth checking out.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 12-30-2009 at 06:52 PM.

Dear Byron, at this time i cannot see your new pictures, but guess "They" are remodeling right now, temporary inconvenience permanent improvement, but am sure your new things are very amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Dear Byron, at this time i cannot see your new pictures, but guess "They" are remodeling right now, temporary inconvenience permanent improvement, but am sure your new things are very amazing
    Thanks Lee, probably you are right. These two threads suggest site maintenance over the next day may be inferring?

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...597#post238597

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=24198

I hope you and others will come back for a visit. Lots of great stuff being posted all over this new forum section for AR3. It's worth the trip.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 12-04-2009 at 08:40 AM.