Page 54 of 79 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron's ArtRage Explorations

Thanks everyone.

Caesar: I see you've been brushing up on Superstring Theory; You're giving me ideas old boy.
    Katie: thanks as ever, much appreciated.
    Albert: Likewise - And now that you mention it, it might be fun to try a full aerial cityscape without symmetry; might try.
    Sandy: thanks so much again, and I do hope you are feeling better.

Thanks all.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

Dark Contemplation

I wasn't sure what to call it. I considered calling it US Monetary Policy, or Congress in Session, or some strange similarity, but it seemed a bit forced. And it IS a dark contemplation, so maybe that will do. 100% AR4 built with metallic, black and white bump paint and all versions of the knife. No filters or blends, just bump paint and bunches of knife settings. It's a more satisfying piece if you fill your screen and stand back several feet. It then resolves into the visual depth intended (hopefully).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0299 Dark Contemplation-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	470.8 KB 
ID:	73876  
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

There are very impressive and highly skilled images in this thread. I could learn a lot from you. Terrific work.

It does look really excellent enlarged. Very clever, metallic, full of texture and interest.

I meant to comment on your Albert's etc, and it slipped by me. I think that's very good too. Love your work! Byron!
    Last edited by copespeak; 03-07-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Brilliant. Somehow the paletter sticker you used made an asian knot handcraft in the middle. Very pretty. And, another great black and white series on your play with the meaning in it. I like the this one

This is a view "below street level" of a specific woman's shadow. She is bound and is beset by demons, one of which seems like an addiction to a dark mood for whatever reason that particular emotional state serves her - control, familiar pattern, whatever. As her heart is burdened by a darkness, so too is her perception of the world. The demon I see in this painting is climbing out of her heart through the shoulder as if looking to infect and also feed on someone who she has drawn in.

Gnarly, dude! It's as if you uncovered an evil talisman from an ancient archeological dig. . . and/or simply met one of my formers. Yikes. Hope you don't mind if I pass on hanging this one on my wall.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

You went "underground", dear Byron, but still with astounding artistic outcomes!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thumbs up

The calling of Pripyat, this dark one is. Bevealed and embossed pain it is

Even though its dark so much to see and think about Byron
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thumbs up

Made me think of what the pics of NY subway (I think it was NY) after the flood , all wet, dark, dreary and drippy , another great thinking painting, Byron