Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron's ArtRage Explorations

Bryon, after seeing the sticker panel just posted in General Chat by Dave http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...5&postcount=32 with your various abstract creations with these new tools. I can imagine there are unlimited ways to use these new tools to create unexpected creative art pieces from all AR3 users soooon. It's gonna be HUGE surprises. I can feel that.

More amazing Byron AR3 Goodness! Great sticker work,also really love your Texture4fun paintings,something for everyone in here!

Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    Bryon, after seeing the sticker panel just posted in General Chat by Dave http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...5&postcount=32 with your various abstract creations with these new tools. I can imagine there are unlimited ways to use these new tools to create unexpected creative art pieces from all AR3 users soooon. It's gonna be HUGE surprises. I can feel that.

Juz: I think you might be on to something. How many stickers can you stuff into a bread box?

Pai, I can say with certainty "yes" the combination of the sticker sheets and sticker spray gun tool with it's intricate spray variation tweakings that you reference in Dave's post provide a near infinite variety of possibilities. It isn't some kind of one flavor tool that will make everybody's work look the same. Rather, the creative individuality that each artist brings to the tool will generate totally unique artistic expressions, just like any other artist tool. As other beta testers start to post their sticker work you'll see it's unique to their artistic sensibilities, completely different than my examples. It's a cool tool and I think it will make waves. Digital artists are going to create unique, very individual artistic miracles with it. I think it's very exciting. Then, setting all that aside, it's just plain fun. Casual users will have fun, children will have fun. And the stickers by themselves without the spray gun serve so many wonderful craft purposes. Then add to that, you can make individual stickers behave as individual objects. You can even spray out a thousand and if the setting was the "object spray" setting, you can reposition a single sticker or ten or whatever to get a visual arrangment that is exactly what you want. Pretty darn versatile, and I've probably only addressed half of it.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 12-03-2009 at 07:59 AM.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

I will hold ambient design personally responsible for keeping me up all night for many months ahead.

Yeah Byron! Breakin' out the stickers! Go buddy!!!
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Hey Scott, thanks a lot. Much appreciated. Really glad to see you in here. It must be morning down under.

Yes Fashmir, the muzzle is off.

Sethren, yes, if you get the Jones, you're sunk. I heard Ambient is taking out sticker insurance.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 12-03-2009 at 05:38 AM.

Addressing a couple of questions raised above, the "background" in this painting is accomplished with a brush preset I made that processes the four stickers on the sticker sheet that can be seen in the program screen in the second image below. A variety of outputs are obtained by tweaking spray variations settings, brush size, color selections, spray rates and shadow selections.

I created the sticker to get certain types of textures ranging from smooth to rough with different textural and color patterns. The image below shows just one of those desired patterns. If you examine the fourth image in the post above you can see this same sticker used with many different spray settings giving completely different brush outputs.

The example below is just one of a million ways to use the tool. I'm just showing this example as one of many to get the idea across.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pastel Cotton-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	451.7 KB 
ID:	36673   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sticker demo.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	440.3 KB 
ID:	36674  
    Last edited by byroncallas; 12-06-2009 at 05:00 AM.

Um, WOW!!!

My First AR3 Painting

This was my first full-on AR3 painting. As a beta tester I was creating it to try each tool while looking for bugs. Because there were of course bugs, it took me several days to complete. Now that program bugs have been near all eliminated it should take a day or so (for me) to make a construction like this without being hampered by faulty software. AR3 is running like a charm.

Each section is painted with the actual tool represented in the painting. It was a lot of fun - sort of creating a little homage to the new program and all its tools while putting each to the test.

Blow it up full screen, it will be easier to see each represented tool. And by the way, most sections were painted inside a "select" area using the new "select" and "transform" tools to build the grid, help keep outer sections masked when painting inside, and, when necessary, reorganize sections. They are cool tools.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR3 Tools Collage AR Upload.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	424.0 KB 
ID:	36677  
    Last edited by byroncallas; 12-06-2009 at 05:03 AM.

Only one word: STREPITOSOOOOO
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant