Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron's ArtRage Explorations

Byron, that's really interesting - the Gloop pen - what a name. I bet that's the same tool you used on the painting that seems to have a fishy being swimming in a magical world of color? That one is so fun, so upbeat, with lots of charm and humor. Is that the gloopy too?

Byron it's amazing to look at time and time again. It is like seeing the unseen universe around us. Pulsing, changing, vibrating, humming, colorful and very much art. You are tapped in it would seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann Timmy View Post
    Byron, that's really interesting - the Gloop pen - what a name. I bet that's the same tool you used on the painting that seems to have a fishy being swimming in a magical world of color? That one is so fun, so upbeat, with lots of charm and humor. Is that the gloopy too?
    Ann - yes, that's the Gloop pen alright. And it has many other uses. I'm glad you like that little piece. It was one of my very first AR3 efforts - and the gloop pen is a really cool tool.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

STICKERS STICKERS STICKERS

Artrage 3 Studio Pro has two new related and powerful tools:1) Stickers that peal off sheets like real stickers and that can be manipulated as individual objects, and 2) a sticker spray gun tool that lets you spray stickers in a near infinite variety of patterns.

The program comes with oodles of pre-made stickers.
    They are wonderful and varied. They are all fun, many are stunning, and all are useful for an infinite variety of art and craft applications. I've fallen in love with them.

What I additionally appreciate is that you can create your own stickers from simple to the most marvelously elaborate and use them to make unique brushes to get specific effects, or use them as "pointals" to create your own mosaic-like paintings.

Below are just a few examples of stickers I've made along with some spray patterns for them, a painting using those many stickers, a painting using only one sticker with numerous spray variations with near infinite properties, and an example of a sticker with a swatch sheet that shows the variety of textures that can be created with just that one sticker using various spray variations, colors and brush sizes.

I and others will post many more examples. So consider this the barest minimum taste
    of just what one beta tester has started. These don't begin to scratch the surface of what is possible with these two new tools. Stay tuned for many more examples for introducing these great new tools. You'll see many and far better examples posted by other beta testers in this forum section beginning today and over the next few weeks, including excellent tutorials they have prepared.

Meanwhile, several paintings that I posted above are constructed from my sticker brushes and "pointals". You can probably re-look at several and figure out which ones they are (though some are subtle and could fool you).

To see these well it will help if you blow them up full screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	black canvas sticker display-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	468.4 KB 
ID:	36643   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sticker samples-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	459.9 KB 
ID:	36644   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stickerrama-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	461.7 KB 
ID:	36645   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bc ar metal paiinting ARUP.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	441.7 KB 
ID:	36648   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	texturetest2 swatch examples-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	466.6 KB 
ID:	36649  

Last edited by byroncallas; 12-04-2009 at 04:47 AM.

The following were experiments with the sticker tools:

1. First are two paintings made with a single sticker sheet with multiple stickers. The stickers on the sheet were originally painted with the gloop tool. They were then turned into stickers on a single sticker sheet using the sticker creator. The two painting experiments were then made with the sticker spray gun to output the stickers.
    2. The third image, a 3D-like painting, was created using a single sticker I created for its textural properties. The spray variation module allows for the creation of repeated instances of the sticker to make snake-like chains that are evident in the experiment, settings used to construct the entire painting.
    3. The last two images are swatches of spray variation patterns possible with two different sticker sheets. I use these swatch examples as references to remind me of what can be done with a range of spray variation and brush size settings that I have created with a particular sticker. I've found the swatches are fun to make and are interesting paintings in and of themselves.

Name:	Gloop Pen Regressions-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	448.7 KB 
ID:	36653   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GloopPen Hustle-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	452.2 KB 
ID:	36655   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tesxturetest4 painting exp. 2-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	462.8 KB 
ID:	36656   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fluffer 1 examples-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	465.1 KB 
ID:	36657   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gloop1 Swatches-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	462.2 KB 
ID:	36658  

Last edited by byroncallas; 12-04-2009 at 07:48 AM.

Want. Want. Want.

Holy crap, it's freaking 3D! I so want to try this thing out.
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

I already love this Gloop pen..and stickers. Love your Regressions and Hustle creations. Awesome.

Thanks all. Yes, don't the stickers open up exciting possibilities, with a kind of limitless sense of opportunity subject only to your imagination?

Here are some other examples:
    • The first image is an example using a sticker sheet with 25 stickers as brush pointals to create textures in your paintings. The image acts as reference to show the kinds of texture that can be produced with various spray variations when the sticker is processed through the sticker spray gun tool. The border on this image shows a wide variety of other outputs possible with this particular sticker sheet.
    • The next two images are demonstration examples of several individual stickers showing a small variety of spray variations possible with several different sticker sheets.
    • The fourth image shows a range of spray variation possibilities with a specific sticker sheet.
    • The last image is another abstract construction using several sticker sheet constructions as "pointals" to create the entire demonstration image. It is a useful reference for remembering what can be accomplished with these particular sticker sheets when processed through the sticker spray gun tool.

Name:	example texture test final-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	463.4 KB 
ID:	36660   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chunck A & M-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	457.1 KB 
ID:	36661   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chunk display a1,d1,r1,m1,c1-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	437.6 KB 
ID:	36662   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	texturetest2 exmples-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	458.2 KB 
ID:	36664   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grand Gardening-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	469.6 KB 
ID:	36666  

Last edited by byroncallas; 12-06-2009 at 03:53 AM.

Stickerlicious Byron
    These rock...i expect you and i may end up bogging the whole app down with multitudes of custom sticker adds hehee