ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help!! ( cant think)

Exclamation Need Help!! ( cant think)

ok ive been working on this painting for sometime now. I can not figure out what to put in the background. I have the wall done and it looks great but i need some items to put in there. It has to be something the works well with my seductress, gothic women. I was going to use candles but i could figure at way to work it in. So im asking for you guys to help me out here plz! you cant sketch on it or just tell me either way would be great. so just through what ever you can think of out there. ive been just starring at it for days. so any help would be great!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gw.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	176.9 KB 
ID:	36401  
    Last edited by chambersecrets; 11-30-2009 at 07:22 AM.
    my work- gusion85.deviantart.com

if you wouldnt mind could you just sorta rough out where these items would be places? doesnt have to look great just a ref. sketch so i can see.

A cello ?
    It has feminine curves and makes a moody mournful emo sound

heres a good ref image
    http://www.rufinoviolins.com/cello.htm

or many more here
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...form=QBIL&qs=n#

at first i was thinking just a corner of a gothic style fireplace mantle but then you'd have to work all the highlights from the fire back into an already highly polished rendering... so i went with the instrument instead.

Didn't you originally have a small table under her hand (the one holding the glass)? On the left wall you could give just the impression of a window with wispy draperies to softness the shadows there. I would be carefull not to add more than a hint of whatever you decide on though, she is almost perfect as is.

jut a hint to lighten this side and balance the piece. btw that was really uncomfortable, it felt sacrilegeous scratching your wonderfull piece!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

juz- i also thought about a fire place and then i thought about all that reflected light bouncing around and i sad... yea right not going to happen at this stage in tha painting lol. the cello sounds great. i love cello and to me they always seem very curvy and lady light and very gothic at the same time with there low somber notes.

squirls- there was no table just a different background at first. the curtains are also a great idea i was thinking either a window or maybe just the corner of a painting. (also im sure it was strange sketching on someone elses work) lol

irishrose- you and squirls think a like lol. curtains are worth testing out.

-thanks everyone for your great idea and help.

keep em coming if these dont work!

is amiss? suit?
    just for background (from the interior of French castles) .
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I would draw dark red fluids spilled on the wall dripping to the floor and a broken green bottle of wine and Id leave the audience to guess whether its wine or blood

Smile

I'd put this in like one of those medieval orgies. or if you want to keep it simple put the light you have on the wall behind her and crop out all that dead space. Your eyes only going to go to the most naked part of her body anyway.

gothic woman

I happen to be tooling around and saw your request. How about flames in the background? For example, check out Aztec Sun by Nathan Smith (nsmith) on the Deviant Art.com website. He has a wonderful background that might work well for your image.