ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Transparency feature?

Gallery
    View images

Transparency feature?

Is it possible to have no background whatsoever and just a transparent canvas and still have your image show for a png file format? I am trying to use artrage to make sprites for a small game i am making but i need to have transparency in my exported images (no canvas but drawn image still shows) Thanks.

Gallery
    View images
    Yes, it is possible. It's probably best to start with a clear background first, but you can change it as long as you haven't merged any layers with a colored background during your creating process. Whether you start with a clear background or change it later, you're going to want to set the "Opacity" dial to read "0%". Here are the steps to change to a layers canvas opacity (illustrated in the attached image):
    Step 1: Click on the black arrow of the layer with a solid canvas background.

Step 2: Select "Edit Paper Settings" from the layer menu.

Step 3: Change the canvas settings Opacity dial to read "0%".

Step 4: Click "OK" to accept the changes.
    If you plan to start with a new painting, just change the Opacity setting at the creation stage.

Name:  stepsforclear.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  77.4 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    Also, you can export layers as PNG files - as long as it isn't the bottom layer. (I think I had problems with the transparency vanishing and it turning white when I exported.)

Gallery
    View images
    yea i just done the same things for my gaming class using game maker. png works fine. just do as they said.
    my work- gusion85.deviantart.com

Gallery
    View images
    Doesn't selecting the Cel preset canvas from the edit paper settings also accomplish the same thing? In regards to automatically setting your transparency to zero?

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by gzairborne View Post
    Doesn't selecting the Cel preset canvas from the edit paper settings also accomplish the same thing? In regards to automatically setting your transparency to zero?

Yes, but it also removes the texture it might apply to the various tools as well.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks so much everyone, especially you someonesane, that's exactly what i needed.