ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: embedding a basic shape into a traced image

embedding a basic shape into a traced image

ok, I've spent hours trying to find a solution to this and I'm about to cry. I want to work a dark triangle into a picture, but when I try to automatically "trace," it copies w/the white background around it. manual tracing won't work because of the style of the painting. I've tried cropping the frigging triangle in a diff. application, but it still comes with a background. I've tried playing w/layers, but it did nothing.

any ideas? oh man, this got me seriously upset!

Load it as a stencil, then just paint over it.
    Or create the shape with rulers and paint inside them.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

how would I would "just paint" if the rest of the image is all done? that's the problem.

I'm afraid I dont understand what you're trying to achieve, in that case.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Maybe you can add layer (use layer function) on the top of your current finished layer? Draw the triangle whereever you want to add on it. Then adjust the opaque level. Just a suggestion.
    Last edited by pai; 11-28-2009 at 03:43 PM.

i've achieved this now...

how do I make it non-checkered now? the opacity is full, so it's another basic thing I'm missing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Is this done on a new layer? you can adjust the opacity on the "Edit paper setting", then adjust your opacity to 0% or anything fit your painting. Hope it is what you want.

If you have the triangle on a white background, you can import it as a stencil or turn the layer into a stencil. The white will be invisible, the black will act as a stencil. You will then have a solid triangle shape.

Right click on the stencil and choose invert to paint inside the triangle instead - this creates a stencil with a triangle shaped hole.

Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    Maybe you can add layer (use layer function) on the top of your current finished layer? Draw the triangle whereever you want to add on it. Then adjust the opaque level. Just a suggestion.
    these are the layers i have. you can probably see that the shape still has the white around it...

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn_the_Cat View Post
    If you have the triangle on a white background, you can import it as a stencil or turn the layer into a stencil. The white will be invisible, the black will act as a stencil. You will then have a solid triangle shape.

Right click on the stencil and choose invert to paint inside the triangle instead - this creates a stencil with a triangle shaped hole.
    how do i import it as a stencil?