ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: a newbie question

Gallery
    View images

a newbie question

is there a simple way to click on a color used in a painting and get it on my tool? that happens when you trace an image, but I tend to "lose" the colors i used otherwise. I try to approximate them on the color wheel, but that can get really annoying. should I just download some sort of palette with names?

thank you.

Gallery
    View images
    i have problem how much post i must have to send pictures url Oo?

sory for my english im from in Poland

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by frozenfields View Post
    is there a simple way to click on a color used in a painting and get it on my tool? that happens when you trace an image, but I tend to "lose" the colors i used otherwise. I try to approximate them on the color wheel, but that can get really annoying. should I just download some sort of palette with names?

thank you.

You can use the Color Sampler tool to select the color your cursor is over or, as a shortcut for this, you can hold down Alt and Left Click over the color as well. Once you have selected a color you'd like to save, open your Color Samples panel by selecting the Tools tab and clicking on Show Color Samples Panel (the shortcut for this is the "S" key on your keyboard). On the Color Samples panel you'll see a tab at the bottom that says "New". Click on this to save the selected color as a sample for use later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziomal View Post
    i have problem how much post i must have to send pictures url Oo?
    sory for my english im from in Poland

When making a post, click on the Paper Clip Icon at the top of the post box. The Attachment Manger will open for you and can upload your images directly to the site so you can post them.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    ok Thanks so much

Gallery
    View images

See also this tutorial

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/artragebasic.html

Click on Video 3, Its well explained here plus more

Gallery
    View images
    You can use the Color Sampler tool to select the color your cursor is over or, as a shortcut for this, you can hold down Alt and Left Click over the color as well. Once you have selected a color you'd like to save, open your Color Samples panel by selecting the Tools tab and clicking on Show Color Samples Panel (the shortcut for this is the "S" key on your keyboard). On the Color Samples panel you'll see a tab at the bottom that says "New". Click on this to save the selected color as a sample for use later on.

great!

Gallery
    View images

Smile Very nice short cut

Didn't know this. Going to save me a lot of time.