ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Animation?

Animation?

There is a lack of nice and simple 2D animation software out there. I'd hate to see Artrage be focused on animation, but might be neat to add some simple capabilities.

This is an interesting idea, tho ditto on the thought that ArtRage shouldn't focus on animation, but stay focused on just raw art as it is ...

That said, tho, I would love to see a simple but flexible animation program done with the same "love of the media" and level of interface design that ArtRage is hitting on. I haven't done digital animation extensively but I've tinkered with several of the animation programs out there, and very few are easy, natural, or intuitive to use. Generally they have the feel (which is probably accurate) of software that was written by programmers focused on the nitty-gritty of how to organize and push frames into motion, without really consulting any actual animators to find out how they work and what's natural for them.

Heh heh ... I could very well see a sister application being developed ... "AnimationRage" or "AnimRage" ... with a similar interface and with file compatibility so you could paint backgrounds in ArtRage, move them into AnimRage to add characters and camera moves ... I'm sure the Ambient Design guys could tackle this easily in their spare time ... (runs and hides before he's dismembered)

'Spare time'? I dont think I know what that term means.

Seriously though, I'd love to do an animated version of ArtRage. I just need to find the time!

AndyRage.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Yeah should only need a few hours a day. I'm sure they can spare the time

I just wanted to give this idea another bump. I would love to see an animation version of Art Rage.

I've pretty much given up drawing on paper because of ArtRage. It feels so much like drawing on paper that it would be perfect for traditional hand drawn animation. I currently do animation sketching in Flash but it just doesn't feel as good as drawing in ArtRage.

I tried out flash once for animation, didn't like the feel either. And it takes so long to learn what all the buttons do. :shock:

I tried out digicel flipbook pro,it's for people who animate on real paper. They scan it onto the computer then pencil test on the program. It doesn't have good inking capabilities so they use photoshop for coloring I guess.

Then I tried TAB. It's for flash and had some unique features of it's own, but it wasn't what I was looking for.

I also tried PAP plastic animation paper, but it has compatablility issues and drawing/button issues with my tablet even though the support fourms said they fixed the issues with tablet pcs. Over all, most animation programs are expensive and out of reach for most people.

I'm so proud of the ArtRage team and their software. If they do make a 'AnimationRage' I will be the first one to make a 5 minute animation with their program. :mrgreen: