ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Two on screen mice

Gallery
    View images

Lightbulb Two on screen mice

Hello,

Before we start this all, have to say, I'm a lefty. And this probably won't work for anybody but a lefty. Here's why.

I draw with my left hand, on paper and obviously also on my tablet. Now whenever I used artrage, to change any value like thickness, ect, I had to lift my tablet pen, move my mouse over to the left, change what I wanted, then try to get back to where I was in my drawing. This oftenly came with lines trough my art because my pen was too close to my tablet, causing the mouse to jump from one place to the other, while clicking. (Not a problem with cntrl+Z, but still annoying)

So I thought, what if I had two mice on screen? I could simply draw, instantly change whatever value I wanted, then keep on drawing.
    I looked around, and there wasn't much. Then I found a program called Teamplayer. It allows for multiple mice to be on screen, at the same time.

It works with my wacom bamboo one tablet pretty well, only problem is I have to set the setting to mouse mode, instead of pen mode. (So the area I click, is not one on one with the area on the screen.) Still, this makes me work alot faster.

The program itself costs 15 dollars, but you can get a thirty day trial from wunderworks dot com. (Can't post URL's yet.)

If anybody knows ANOTHER way to have two on screen pointers at the same time, please, let me know, i'd be happy to know all ways to do this.

I hope I helped a few people with this, and for the rest of you, happy drawing.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi N1trone

You don't say which OS you are using, but if it's XP I *think* (I haven't tried this for a while) if you have one mouse/pad using USB and another as a PS2 mouse and you connect both and then reboot I think both will then work independently.

Gallery
    View images
    It says it is for XP/Vista. on www.wunderworks.com

Gallery
    View images
    I tried it and it didn't work for me. The pen moved the toolbars around the screen and would not draw. Neither would the mouse draw on the screen.
    I finally gave up and removed it.
    I am using Vista with a mouse and a pen.

Gallery
    View images
    Ah, sorry to say that, I am using XP.

As for Raybite, did you get two pointers? Didn't try this on vista yet, so I can't really help you out with that.

And what Hypotaxis, that might actually work too. Not sure if my pc has a ps2 exit though, and seeing as alot of newer pc's don't, this might be a solution. It probably would work better though.