ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: finished underpainting

finished underpainting

i ve finished with the underpainting of the drover.. now i can get away from my source pic and start putting my own influence into it. more stages to come.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	underpainting_final_drovercropped_574.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	237.6 KB 
ID:	3224  

Very good, i like your style

I cant wait to see the finished work if this is the underpainting!

Phew! That's a serious underpainting. Can't wait to see where you're going with it. You planning to glaze a lot of washes onto it or something else?

Composition reminds me a little of that Andrew Wyeth painting of the old black guy seated with a quilt over his legs. As I recall, he did that one in egg tempera. Never saw the original though.

I recall a more recent painting you did - a self portrait? It was stylized with patterns of different density. Looks like a departure from that direction. Or is it?

Heck of a start you've got going.

reply to d akey

yep. a lot of trtansparent overlays to adjust value and soften it up a lot. actually the self-portrait is the departure.. when i use artrage i tend use to use everey medium provided ink pen, pencil, chalk, crayon, oil techniques, everything but airbrush, i dont use that much and metallics .except in my engine #2 detail study. ill probably do some of that in my aviation series.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b17_engine_2_study_873.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	204.9 KB 
ID:	3253