ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Challenging stuff at Pixelbrush

Challenging stuff at Pixelbrush

I'm not sure if many or any of you frequent other forums - but there is another nice, friendly one called Pixelbrush that's been a bit quiet over the last year, while its founder and prime mover, the immensely talented Henning Ludvigsen has been madly busy with his work. Breath.

They used to run some really nice little challenges, purely for fun, but usually attract a very high standard. Well they are back and I thought some of you ArtRagers might like to join in.
    No, I'm not trying to hijack folk from here to defect to there. That's not the idea at all. There's plenty of room for any number of forums when they are a nice as these two. You will have to register for free to participate.

If you think you have the energy and will to join in the fun there, while maintaining a presence here, do please take the plunge. Henning is as lovely as the guys here and his site deserves your attention too.

Why not use it to take the new ArtRage 3 out for a creative spin as soon as you get your mitts on it? Not that 2.5 users can't be just as creative.

Christmassy challenge at Pixelbrush
    Last edited by Nickillus; 11-25-2009 at 06:31 AM.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Are they using different software? What program?

You can use whatever software you like, or a combination of software, Raybrite. It's about the image rather than the tool. The idea is just to have fun, make new friends and hopefully push yourself a but further. You should end up with a nice image for your portfolio at the very least.

That's the spirit, Rose. I look forward to seeing you there and hope you have a good time.
    Nick Harris Artwork

Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5

I will have to check this out further. I had some paintings which were done using several products and they didn't fit in anywhere.

It's definitely worth taking a look, even if you decide not to join in this particular challenge Raybrite.

The way they've run in the past is that you get several weeks to come up with an image to illustrate the theme given in whichever way you interpret it.
    Ideally you start a thread and show some progress stages, get some feedback, and provide similar for other folk particpating. It's a friendly and generally rewarding process.

The only rules are about it being a new image started for the challenge, and that you be courteous, just as you would expect others to be to you. And there will be a finite deadline of course. Then a vote is set up and we get three votes maximum to cast for our favourites.

I'm basing this on how challenges have run there in the past.
    Nick Harris Artwork

Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5

Thank you Nickillus for posting this. It should be fun and I have learned loads from the events there in the past

Ive seen his stuf in the mags.
    gonna have go!
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Any reason why the link doesn't work? Temporarily down perhaps?

Hi guys,
    Yep - bit of a blip. Great timing. Henning has had a bit of a blue with his server, but is trying to sort it out as quickly as he can. Apparently some advisory emails they sent got spam blocked out and caused a breakdown in communication between the two. I'll try and keep you posted on when it will be back up and the challenge can ensue.

Thanks for your patience.
    Nick Harris Artwork

Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5

Whoops! Meant to say - IT'S ON . . .

Hi guys,
    Pixelbrush is back up and running and a Christmas challenge with top prize of AR3 is up for grabs, donated by the lovely development team here.

CHALLENGE

Santa's Sneaky Elves

CHALLENGE
    Nick Harris Artwork

Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5