ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: AR3 pricing?

AR3 pricing?

just wondering if you guys at AR have any idea about pricing. maybe you could just give us a ball park figure? you know sense where all AR's for life and all!!

-u cant delete this if the Q's already out there.
    my work- gusion85.deviantart.com

There will be an official announcement about pricing this week (probably!)
    At the same time we'll announce upgrade pricing and policy.
    Setting pricing is harder than you think. We had to come up with retail pricing that is competitive and attractive, but enough that it funds continuing development of ArtRage. The upgrade pricing has to take into account new purchasers of ArtRage as well as people who have owned ArtRage for four years, and people who received ArtRage as part of their Wacom Tablet bundle.
    We also have had to put in place the systems to manage *how* people get upgrades, and make sure unscrupulous people aren't going to try to screw us by using pirated keys, or multiple upgrades on the one key.

Writing ArtRage was only *part* of the new product release.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Oh, question (that you're probably already considering XD )

Upgrading between the two version of ArtRage 3, same as from 2.5 - will that be possible?

Yes. There will be upgrade pricing from ArtRage Studio to ArtRage Studio Pro. But you wont need it because when you see the full feature set of ArtRage Studio Pro you'll just get that one straight away anyway.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Dear Andy, What a serious situation this pricing, would like to add my two cents worth to consider the folks that fell in love with your ArtRage program but also the original cost, sort of got addicted to the free version, and the first price was unbelievable and an offer we couldn't refuse, especially compared to other art programs, the cost of which was so expensive some of us would never considered buying, the update cost was also so tempting that it was almost painless, so,, ahem,, well, how do i say, remembering your past success, try to keep the price again as comforting as you can, you all have been doing a wonderful job,, Thanks again!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage View Post
    Yes. There will be upgrade pricing from ArtRage Studio to ArtRage Studio Pro. But you wont need it because when you see the full feature set of ArtRage Studio Pro you'll just get that one straight away anyway.
    Well, yes - but some people may not have the money for the full version straight away

And aren't we confident? Hah! for that I will put of buying the full version for at LEAST another hour!

thanks for the quick reply. im sure pricing is a pain. what ever the price it will be worth it. the new layout looks great!! can wait to start with the pro version.
    my work- gusion85.deviantart.com

Wink A bit of frivolous price speculation

***Guesstimate Only***

ArtRage Studio 35.00
    ArtRage Studio Pro 75.00

2.5 > ArtRage Studio 10.00 (-25.00)
    2.5 > ArtRage Studio Pro 35.00 (-40.00)

2.0 > ArtRage Studio 20.00 (-15.00)
    2.0 > ArtRage Studio Pro 45.00 (-30.00)

After reading the previous posts and experimenting with this for a few minutes, I can see how tough setting right price would really be.

For the quality software that we're getting, anything under $100.00 is a heck of a bargain. I'm not complaining.

mb
    Mbrienza