ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: elli portrait ......UPDATED

Gallery
    View images

elli portrait ......UPDATED

working on this tonight ...looks ok so far still more to do though .....not really tried full bodie studies before trickier than i thought..WORKED ON ARMS MORE AND A FEW MORE TINKERINGS .......still dont like the arm though i feel its not to bad for a first full body attempt ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elli__finished_205.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	190.1 KB 
ID:	3217  

Gallery
    View images
    Much more ambitious and pretty successful, speggie.

There are a couple things keeping the piece from working. Her right hand could do with a bit of structure. Since it is mostly in shadow, the only thing you need to fix on it are the finger lines. Where the shadows begin, it's a little too straight across. Normally there is a little arc to that across the knuckle area.

Her left arm (the vertical straight arm) has color and highlight problems. Because the color goes from one (flesh tone) to a completely different color (chocolate brown), it looks as if her arm is actually changing color rather than going into shadow.

The other thing is that the highlight and arm shape being as linear as it is, it's looking tubular. The bone and muscles in the elbow joint area are shaped differently from the rest. So the highlight should appear perhaps to change direction slightly and fade in and out a little for variety.

Granted, she might be holding her arm weirdly, but you might want to invent a little variation tht is consistent with anatomy to indicate a more organic look to it.

Despite my criticism, I really like the peice on the whole.

All the work you've been putting into practicing the head, face and hair is paying off. And you've always been good with clothes.

And one can never miss with cleavage for creating volume.

Gallery
    View images
    cheers d .......thought you would assist ,as is your usual imput ...only been tinkering for an hour or two the refrence pic has a wierd colour change on the arms especially seems to change dramatically ........not very good on bodies like i said, tried to avoid them as much as possible ......haa ....only the drawing of them ..i might add !!!.........have a quiet night ahead of me as im working at 4am tomorrow so will pesevere for a few hours yet .........thanks again matey .......

Gallery
    View images
    Field Trip!!!!!

R&D or R&R -- you decide.

Gallery
    View images
    R&D or R&R ?

Gallery
    View images
    R&D: Research & Development
    or
    R&R: Rest & Relaxation

ie: what an institutional jargony excuse to go out and personally explore some anatomy. Do it for art's sake!

Have some fun and write it off your taxes. . .

Need to be thinking like a pro here, speggie.

:lol:

Gallery
    View images
    ops: it's always about the art for me ................. :wink:

Gallery
    View images
    good stuff speggie...i try and avoid drawing bodies too...like the plague....but you my friend have done a great job....its a funny thing to notice but i like how her hair drapes over her collarbone just so...and for me that adds a lot of the depth to it

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Gallery
    View images
    thanks alot selby ....see youve been .painting again recently ? .....a bit of spare time on your hands eh?

Gallery
    View images
    more work on arms and stuff .............not bad for a first attempt proper at a full body portrait .........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elli__finished_181.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	190.1 KB 
ID:	3229