Thread: Dear D Akey

Gallery
    View images

Dear D Akey

Well, being as you have been sort of quiet lately, probably rotating your crops, am hoping you will be available to help us older-than-dirt ArtRagers through the new ArtRage 3 as you have been in the past, at least a little moral support, Aint' it thrilling!!!

Gallery
    View images
    aaaaawwwwww. . . gee you guys. Now cut it out and send me some nice paintings!

Oh wait. Better yet. POST some nice paintings!

There will be (are) people here that know a heck of a lot more about the new program, having been beta tested by the many people who post here at length (and some who haven't) and who have in the past been more than willing to offer suggestions and so on. I may have to be asking similar questions myself. We're all in the same boat. It's new.

However my expertise is in dopey comments, and I hope to make a few from tome to tome. . . (Freudian slip there, but I think my post count will bear that out). I WILL NAY BE SILENCED!!!!!!!!!!!! (Where am I again? Something surfacing from ma highland flung Scottish jeans.)

Oh yeah -- ArtRage. . . I believe youse guys will hit the ground running upon its release. So I'll probably be watching you shooting starlets.

Thanks again Lee and Irish. Very sweet.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh dear Mr Akey, how it brings a smile to my face to see your once again poetic words. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh how I have missed them. Good to see you out and about again.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Gallery
    View images
    Ms Coops! I love reading your deliciously supportive comments. It inspires me to reach for new lows in humor I never dreamed possible! (In other words I love hearing you laugh.) It's remarkable how one constructs a persona around typed words and paintings. It's almost like creating a clay sculpture, adding some here and there and taking some other bits away. And it's our own creation, with an 'inspired by. . .' attached to the likeness.

But it honestly does feel like we can actually touch hands and sip coffee or tea in the company of the people with whom we do in fact create a custom fitted bond. Imaginations are getting a great work out with these interactions, and that can only serve our making art. And the creativity in our art and words reflects who we are inside. What could be better within the inherent limitations of time and space. There's one line from a lyric that always comes to mind as one of the most wise and profound that I know. It's from "Me and Bobby McGee" by Kris Kristopherson. "Looking back and longing for the freedom of my chains. . ."

The operative part of that for me is "the freedom of my chains". It changes for me over and over as my experiences and consciousness shift. But never has it been more relevant as in the personal interactions and limits of knowing people on the internet. It's very limited on the surface of it, in that most often nobody meets, certainly not everybody we interact with. But it has a remarkable quality all its own, and dynamics that are operating without the normal need for physical proximity keeps expanding and expanding. It lets all of us explore creative dimensions within ourselves that are beyond words if we are so inclined. Not unlike suspecting that we could be friends with a favorite author through their books. But this is better because it's very direct. . . in an indirect way.

Anyway. . . I see limitations as not a deal breaker, but rather a show stopper -- the kind where I stop and can indulge in my reacting in appreciation for a good painting or a kind or clever word.

If anyone was wondering, my computer died and I have been playing catch-up with my replacement -- re-installing software and catching up on work that stopped. I am really hooked into my computer, I'm somewhat shocked to realize.

See y'all in the flora. . . I mean the fora. . . forums.
    Last edited by D Akey; 11-22-2009 at 08:28 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    Hey DA Nice to see you still here
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Gallery
    View images
    Hey CRIPSTER!!!!

"Not killed by goblins nor eaten by wargs I see."

Likewise great seeing you my friend.

Gallery
    View images
    Thats how you make me feel dear Mr Akey, now pull up a chair, I'll make the coffee and hey fancy a nice brandy with it? You are sooooooooo right in what you say, I feel like I have made a whole new bunch of friends in Artrage and through the power of words I also feel right at home with them. Yes even feel as you also said, that you can reach out and touch them, hold a hand and feel when someone isnt their usual self and maybe that written word help. Hell bells I know it helps, so thanks a million dear Mr Akey and keep those wonderful words coming.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307