ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: When Installing ÅrtRage 3

Gallery
    View images

When Installing ÅrtRage 3

Just one question.

When I install ArtRage Studio Pro (and of course I'll be getting Studio Pro!) will I be able to keep ArtRage 2.5 installed as a separate Application?
    Hin

Hin's Paintings: http://hinketea.imagekind.com

Gallery
    View images
    ArtRage 2.5 and ArtRage Studio will happily co-exist on one computer, yes.
    But... If you use your ArtRage 2.5 registration code to upgrade to ArtRage Studio (or ArtRage Studio Pro) we may have a requirement that your ArtRage 2.5 serial number becomes invalid. Otherwise we are liable to get people getting the cheap upgrade to ArtRage Studio, then selling off their ArtRage 2.5 Serial number, costing us a future customer.
    So it is likely that we will require if you want to continue using both ArtRage 2.5 and ArtRage Studio you purchase a license at full retail price, rather than an upgrade.
    This policy hasn't been finalized yet, so dont take this as a formal announcement of policy.
    In any case, the full retail pricing of ArtRage Studio and ArtRage Studio Pro will be *very* attractive, and we'll be announcing that next week.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Where do I find my ArtRage serial number? I have had this program on for awhile and I don't know.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishRose61 View Post
    Andy, and another point. If the new version isn't purchased at full price and the 2.5 is sold off after 'upgrading'.. .then the new owner could come to you and want to 'upgrade' their license to the full one and get away with paying less... so that's a downside too. (Did what I write just make sense???) lol.. must be getting late for me
    An ArtRage 2.5 serial number will only be able to be used *once* for the upgrade. So if some unscrupulous sod did go and sell it off, the new owner would quickly find out they couldn't upgrade, and hopefully would go and give a stern talking-to to the previous owner, while wearing steel-toed work-boots.

Gallery
    View images
    Andy. Just to make sure things work okay could you sell me a copy of AR3 today so we could make sure it works when I upgrade it. Would hate to have anyone have problems upgrading....

Gallery
    View images
    Rofl that made me laugh, good one Ken hehehe
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Andy,

I just wanted to check if I understand correctly... does this mean that I can upgrade to the Pro version using my 2.5 serial no. (then I can keep the existing 2.5 version - for sentimental reasons because I like it and am not yet sure whether I want to forfeit it). As long as I forfeit the right to resell 2.5 version ever (I don't want to sell it) and then I can keep both versions running simultaneously on my PC and possibly on one other portable machine so long as both are owned by myself and not running concurrently?

Do I understand correctly?

Thanks,
    Rowena.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowena View Post
    Hi Andy,

I just wanted to check if I understand correctly... does this mean that I can upgrade to the Pro version using my 2.5 serial no. (then I can keep the existing 2.5 version - for sentimental reasons because I like it and am not yet sure whether I want to forfeit it). As long as I forfeit the right to resell 2.5 version ever (I don't want to sell it) and then I can keep both versions running simultaneously on my PC and possibly on one other portable machine so long as both are owned by myself and not running concurrently?

Do I understand correctly?

Thanks,
    Rowena.
    We are saying that by using your ArtRage 2.5 Serial number to get a cheap upgrade to ArtRage Studio you are effectively 'trading it in'.
    While we haven't decided the formal policy on this, it may well be that we will invalidate any ArtRage 2.5 serial number which is used to upgrade to ArtRage Studio or ArtRage Studio Pro.