ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: one of my first pictures

one of my first pictures

Help is very, very welcome!! umm.. this is my first thread, so i don't know if the picture will show up right. So if it dosen't.. you know why!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Luke.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	35814  

Dear Hope, Hello!!! and what great picture for your first, so simply done yet the sweet face sure shows through,,,, good job!

Thanks! when i get further along in the picture, i will post an update. i am working on his face, but its not turning out so well. any ideas?

Hey Hops, keep it like that. This is your very own unique style. When you continue to draw like this you'll build up your own typical Hops' styled collection. In all its simplicity, this drawing is good: don't touch it anymore. Start another drawing in same style and try to find out whether you feel comfortable with your style or not. If not, develop yourself to the style you feel good with, let it mature. All great and famous painters started like this.

Hi Hops94

You have probably done this already but just in case...
    Make a few back up copies and then try a few tangents on them
    I think the facial expression is very very good
    Keep creating

This is delightful, I think you're doing a terrific job. A fabulous first post.
    We all get to a point where we're not sure if something is going the way we want. The great thing about computers is you can save many versions of the same file, so dont be tenacious about trying out some different things. Its only costing your time, not expensive art materials. Often our 'mistakes' have more to offer in terms of learning than our 'successes'. If you feel 'oh no i've wrecked it' you can always open up an earlier save and go again.
    Last edited by Juz; 12-09-2009 at 10:42 PM.