ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wishes for the ArtRage 3

Gallery
    View images

Wishes for the ArtRage 3

Well, I have a lot, but essentially this:

- Scripting. This is a werry useful feature, with a lot of wonderful applications. Lets see.
    You make a paint with 800x600 pixels, and after that you apply the recorded script in a 4000x3000 pixels canvas obtaining the same paint but to a bigger scale suitable for print. After script running is over you can refine in more little details your paint. We will get a masterpiece. Or changing the collors or brush dimmension used, keeping only the strokes.
    Tutorials. You can record your painting session and after that sharing your technic with others.
    Zbrush have a werry impressive scripting system. You can download an zscript from the zbrush forum and run seamless in your computer. You can learn much more in this way than in hundreeds of tutorials.
    Will be a good feature if the scripts will be can edited in any text editor programs.
    Using this system only imagination will be the limit.

- Vector drawing. Using the same scripting system describet before, to run a recorded session and convert the brushes strokes in vector path for future export in more sophisticated vector drawing softwares like XaraX or Adobe Ilustrator. I hope you can understand what I want to say. Please take a look at this photo: (http://downloads.xara.com/opensource...interly/04.jpg). Is a vector painting.

- More customizable interface.

- Customizable shortcuts.

- An option to remove the "Right Click or press Enter to show panels"

- Brush factory. An option to build your own brushes like in Painter and Photoshop.

- A more easier way to make custom color palletes for obtainning one color palete like the real ones used by painter artist.

Gallery
    View images

Re: Wishes for the ArtRage 3

> - Vector drawing. Using the same scripting system describet before, to run
    > a recorded session and convert the brushes strokes in vector path for future
    > export in more sophisticated vector drawing softwares like
    > XaraX or Adobe Ilustrator. I hope you can understand what I want to say.
    > Please take a look at this photo:
    > (http://downloads.xara.com/opensource...interly/04.jpg).
    > Is a vector painting.

Do you just paint/draw and the program plots bezier curves corresponding to your strokes? Sounds really cool for certain uses like Flash (my imagination is going now).

Nonetheless, I hope it's not an either/or sort of proposition to go one way or the other. I would applaud vector art as an additional choice (and how!), but please don't lose the focus on natural looking materials. That's what makes this program sing -- for me anyway. :shock:

3. Re: Wishes for the ArtRage 3

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey
    please don't lose the focus on natural looking materials. That's what makes this program sing -- for me anyway. :shock:
    I agree!

Gallery
    View images

Re: Wishes for the ArtRage 3

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey
    please don't lose the focus on natural looking materials. That's what makes this program sing -- for me anyway. :shock:
    I couldn't agree more. I feel that there is far more to be explored in the "ambient style" in the way of natural media tools. We should not be encouraging a side track just now. I am still (faithfully) awaiting my water color and blending tools along with natural color blending and so forth. Why bend these men to go where others have already gone? This is something different than *any* package out there. IMHO
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

5. I absolutely agree with what you just said, sir.

I, too, patiently await the watercolors and so on..

Gallery
    View images
    I want a pen tool, till then, a tweaked marker for me.

Gallery
    View images
    They're both on the 'to do' list...
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    That's my opinion too. Watercolour and an ink pen, that's what I am waiting for...
    and friskets

They're both on the 'to do' list...
    make it "all 3" , and we're all in heaven 8)
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Gallery
    View images
    Yes, it can be done in artrage, but the original poster was asking for a vector painting tool. The force of vector painting is that it is independent of resolotion... While you could do a much more precise replicate of a painting in Artrage, you will struggle to push more than 6k images. That is not the problem in Xara.

I'm yet to try out Xara, but I was browsing their website and while it does look interesting I believe there is a much more capable vector painting program around called Satori FilmFX. You should give it a try.

In my honest opinion I think Artrages' home is in the field of bitmaps and not vectors. I'm pretty sure that if Artrages advanced lighting and texture engine would be able to transfer to a vectorbased world the end result would be a program that would be too slow to be fun to use. Vectors can be nice in special cases, but they can also cause a lot of trouble for the 'traditional' digital artist.
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

Gallery
    View images
    Yep, natural drawing tools are what makes AR great 8)

Ink pens are my most wanted feature

And a ruler and compass/french-curves would be great :wink: