Thread: Problem with intuos4l.

Gallery
    View images

Smile Problem with intuos4l.

Hi.

I buy wacom intuos4l and it seem to work fine,,only one problem.

Wacom make new driver 7.10.2009 and problem comes after that,,before that i dont notice problem,,so with older driver it work fine with artrage,,,i think,,,

Problem.
    I use pen sideswitch to right click function to move canvas.
    When i push the switch and start to move canvas,,do also short period drawing-operation,,,
    so i have selected tools,,example oil-tool and i paint normal,,,then i push right click to move canvas it make paint-point,,like start to paint but when move pen then it move canvas and stop paint,, hmm,,,
    with mouse right click same happend,,,but not so often,,

Some kind of timing problem,,,,,?

Is it the wacom-program,,,windows 7,,,artrage or what?

Do anyone has same problem with intuos4l ?????

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intuos4lproblem.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	35694  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Live, Love Do it Peace.

Gallery
    View images
    It sounds unlikely to be a problem within ArtRage if it occured after updating the drivers, but when you right click, make sure you're only pressing the rocker switch and not touching the stylus to your tablet ( as that will give you a left click ).

Also, if you don't have no_ink.inf in ArtRage's resources folder, download it from http://www2.ambientdesign.com/files/no_ink.inf and put it in that folder e.g. c:\program files(x86)\ambient design\artrage 2\resources\ <-- put it here to troubleshoot possible ink services problems.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images

Thanks Dave,,, i think also that problem is intuos driver,,

I go that ink-loading address and page information was only,,,like image can see,,,,,hmm,,,i dont know what load to my computer,,,
    Live, Love Do it Peace.

Gallery
    View images

I remember that this problem comes after i instal windows 7,,,

I make new test and this problem comes also when use mouse,,,

when i click mouse right to move canvas and then it draw little before canvas start to move,,,,not every clicking happend,,,image show that,,,
    when use pen it draw every clicking

I test paint-program and this problem dont come

Problem is perhaps with windows7 and artrage program,,i think?
    Live, Love Do it Peace.

Gallery
    View images
    To download the no_ink.inf file, right click the link in my previous post and choose 'save link as' if you're using Firefox. Then place it in the resources folder and see if that improves things for you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images

Download ink file,,,

test again this problem 10 times clicking right to move canvas,,image,,,both mouse and pen make draw-error,,,pen make every time,,,mouse below half,,,,

Name:	captureinkinf.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	35780  

Live, Love Do it Peace.

Gallery
    View images
    I have reproduced this problem with the latest Wacom drivers on a Windows 7 test machine / Intuos 4 here.

The problem looks to relate to Ink Services and the Wacom tablet drivers. A left click is getting sent to ArtRage.

Putting no_ink.inf in ArtRage's resources folder turns off Ink Services in ArtRage and corrects the problem behavior.

I took a look at your screenshot with the no_ink file and I see a problem. You have downloaded the file as a text document, so the extension is incorrect ( its true filename on your computer according to that screenshot is no_ink.inf.txt which is why it's not doing anything )

If the file has been saved correctly, then it will not say 'text document' next to it in the 'Type' column, as it does in your screenshot. Instead it will say 'Setup information'.

So, if you're using internet explorer under Windows 7, delete the no_ink file in your resources folder currently, then click the link below:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/files/no_ink.inf

Then choose to save the file and save it to ArtRage's resources folder. After the download is complete, look in the resources folder and make sure that it does not say 'text document' next to the file.

If you have not turned off Ink Services successfully, your cursor may also be a small dot when you move it over ArtRage's menu bar and panels.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images

Heureka,,i done it right and now work fine,,,
    i have wonderinging that why my cursor was small dot,,,

I have mozilla too heavy safety,,that was the reason why mozilla dont load that file,,,
    i open iE;n and load the file,,,ok,,,
    my windows 7 has also too heavy safety,,,first it dont allow to save file c;,,,resourdes,,,so i save to disk d; and then i copy it to C, ,,,i have 2 separete hard disk;s c and d then i have back-updisk E also

Now intuos+artrage work fine,,,,,

Big thanks Dave,,,,hmm,,and Congratulation new AR3,,,i think that many waiting that,,,hmm,,i manage fine this 2,5 but lets see what new ideas you have done.

Nice summer time,,,here come snow but now it's raining water,,snow smelt,,but winter is coming,,,.

Name:	saveexplorer.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	35802  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nowitsthere.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	35803  

Live, Love Do it Peace.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for letting me know, Heikki! Good to hear that this also helped with the problem
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design