ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would we like an ArtRage Flikr Group

Gallery
    View images

Would we like an ArtRage Flikr Group

Ok i've started this thread continuing from this one as it's on a different subject http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...649#post231649

In the previous thread we were discussing ways to make all our photo's that we would like to share available in a convenient way and location. I suggested that we make an ArtRage Flikr Group, there are thousands of Flikr Groups and i don't believe there is an ArtRage one yet, i think this would be great idea to get the word out there about ArtRage and if you've used Flikr before you'll know that it's an extremely versatile way of hosting your photo's and artworks.

Another suggestion was made that perhaps this forum could have an area specifically for hosting photo's that we would like to share with our members.

I already have a free account with a couple of ArtRage regular members as contacts, i see that's only one more step from there for someone to create a group and get us all together in the one area on Flikr, i think the benefits could be huge, but i'm keen to hear how others feel about it.

These are the details and links of the Flikr Groups copied from my previous post so that everyone can have a looksy

This is the link to the page http://www.flickr.com/groups_create.gne

I think Public, invitation only might be the best idea, but i'm happy with what ever

Create a new group

There are 3 types of groups on Flickr: Public, Public (invitation only), and Private. You should take a look at our Group Guidelines or the Group FAQ to find out how to run a successful group, because you will be the group's first administrator. Good luck, and have fun!

Note: As stated in our
    Terms of Service and Community Guidelines, Flickr is intended for personal use only. This includes groups. Any commercial use must be pre-approved by Flickr at its sole discretion. If you'd like to create a group for your company or to run a contest, please contact Flickr first. If you don't, Flickr may terminate your group without warning.

There are thousands of groups on Flickr! Would you like to do a quick search to make sure someone hasn't already started the group you're about to make?

Choose which sort of group you'd like to start

Public, anyone can join
    Public, invitation only
    Private
    • Public groups are useful for discussion and content about general subjects like Gardening, or Recipes to Share, or geographical locations, like Vancouver.
    • The group page is public and anyone who wants to can join instantly.
    • Admins can choose to show or hide discussions and/or group pools from non-members.
    • Invite-only public groups are useful for small groups who wish to focus on a particular theme, but want to maintain control over membership.
    • Anyone can view the group page, but the only way to join the group is by invitation.
    • Admins can choose to show or hide discussions and/or group pools from non-members.
    • Private groups cannot be made public later.
    • Private groups are useful for families or groups of friends.
    • Only group members and those who have been invited will be able to view the group page.
    • Private groups are completely hidden from group searches, and don't display on people's profiles amongst groups they belong to.
    If you would be interested in joining an ArtRage Flikr group then please reply and let us all know your feelings on the matter, it would be great to hear from Dave too, perhaps instead of a Flikr group this forum could be extended to have a photo area specifically for uploading photo's for our members to use.

Anyways, what say all you Ragers
    Last edited by Silentman; 11-15-2009 at 10:51 PM.
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    I did the Quick search and there are two groups that cater to Art Rage paintings already. If you want one exclusively for Art Rage then we have that here don' we?
    Just wondering.

Gallery
    View images
    Yes you are right there are Artrage groups for finished work but I think we were discussing having a group just for reference photos (which I think is a good idea) It just depends I think on if there would be much call for it from here?
    But I would be willing to join the group if there was one
    Bumble on deviantART
    Bumble's Photos
    Friendship is the song in your heart and friends are the ones who sing it back to you when you forget the words.

Gallery
    View images
    It would be a very useful free resource for all of us.
    A photo collection assembled by and for painters.

Phil
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Gallery
    View images
    Having another source for reference pics is always useful. I believe Silentmanīs suggestion to set up an account with Flikr (or something similar) is probably the best way to go, with the public (invitation only) option.

Iīm thinking that this is best because a different server would be handling the load--which might grow to an unwieldy size. I donīt know how much a forum/space dedicated to photos would tax the AR server, but I like the quickness of AR now. Besides, nothing is free. All those intereresting pages we visit cost someone quite a bit of money to maintain. Better to let some other site bear that cost so the Rage brothers have more to spend on development.

Well, thereīs my opinion as you requested.
    Last edited by ScottF; 11-16-2009 at 04:05 AM.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for all your replies, once we have a few pages i'll ask everyone who'd they would like to start it, as they would be the 1st administrator who could then appoint other administrators as well.

So if your keen to see this one happen please reply with your thoughts as others have done
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

Gallery
    View images
    I would be willing to help out if needed
    Bumble on deviantART
    Bumble's Photos
    Friendship is the song in your heart and friends are the ones who sing it back to you when you forget the words.

Gallery
    View images
    Yep depending on the size of the resources of course, i was thinking of 4 admins, two male and two female to be fair

Anyways, i'd like to see atleast two pages of interest before it happens, no point in going to the trouble if not many are interested in it, i haven't seen a reply from the two contacts at Flikr i have from here yet, i presume it's because they haven't seen this thread yet

Just remember joining the group doesn't mean you don't have your own account as per usual, it just means your part of a group, so you still have all the independence and personalization that you would normally have, the only thing that changes is you'll have access to a private stock of free photo's at your disposal, supplied by the members of ArtRage, oh and i think you get to have a badge on your own Flikr page that represents your part of the ArtRage group
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

Gallery
    View images
    I understand now that this is only for Photos which may be used to make Art Rage or other paintings.
    For some reason, I am drawn to this. I have been studying the Flickr site to find out if there is a charge for this or if I must be a Flickr Pro member to set up such a site.
    I have an upcoming surgery that I must survive prior to beginning anything new in my life so all I am doing at this time is gathering information.
    I am retired an looking or something to do to occupy my time. Maybe this is what I have been waiting for. We will see how it goes.
    I will be here.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Ray, with everything else i have on plate it's likely i won't have the time to Admin, so i'm just doing the groundwork for others to pick up on and run with the concept

I've got to move soon, i have 3 young boys, i have a ton of artistic ideas i would like to pursue, blah blah blah lol hehehe
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22