ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: carpal tunnel

carpal tunnel

hey guys, just wanted to drop in & say 'yo!' i seem to have developed carpel tunnel or a repetitive stress injury from using the tablet pen...ugh...just when i was starting to gwet the hang of it! anyway...taking a break until i am pain free...driving aggravates it also--i must hold the wheel using the same muscles or whatever, so it's taking longer than i thought it would...oh, the price we pay for our art!

Ugh, I got that last year after being hit with far too much typing (assignments). Rest, look up the exercises, go to the doctor if it's very bad and they can give you nerve relaxants.

'Give complete rest for sometime. No computers.' That's what my doctor advised me when I had a TIA due to c.spondylitis. Use the wrist band - a tighter one may help as it restricts your wrist movement. Massaging the shoulder and neck region is what the massage therapist has done to me. Thank God, I'm presently okay!
    So rest is what required as of now for you.
    Take care and wish you recover soon to join us here.
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

thanks, guys. it's more a repetitive stress type thing, more than carpal tunnel...i've had it before...the best thing is to just lay off it for a period of time. it feels fine now, but i'm still kinda reluctant to pick up the pen tablet...i have 9 days off from teaching over the turkey break, so maybe i'll try my hand at something then. hope everyone is painting up a storm!

I had a problem with my wrists awhile back. It has gone away since i bought a thin monitor so I could lay my arms on the desk most of the time.
    Hope yours gets better. Mine was caused by the keyboard. Bought a tablet to get off the keyboard.

Get better soon!!!

I get that some times. I have one of those wrist support braces to wear when it flares up. I also find that if I make sure to hydrate well (water, no soda, no beer) during flare ups, it helps speed recovery.

I've also taken up Tai Chi.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Hope it is better soon I've had that a couple of times, ibuprofen helps as it is an anti-inflamatory.
    Bumble on deviantART
    Bumble's Photos
    Friendship is the song in your heart and friends are the ones who sing it back to you when you forget the words.

Hi Hocie, hope you feel better. Anyway, get a doctor consultation (an orthopedist) he will define clinical criteria for the diagnosis of Repetitive Effort Lesions or a Carpal syndrome. He will tell you all the sequence that you might follow. Physiotherapy might be the best choice in this beggining of the problem. Also avoid the the repetions of the effort. All the best to you.
    [SIZE=0.9em][/SIZE]