Thread: Exorcist - first post

Gallery
    View images

Exorcist - first post

Hi!

I'm new to this forum. I bought Art Rage 2 a long time but mainly use Corel Painter since I find Art Rage very lacking in the blenders department. It could really use a tool like "just add water" in Painter for example. However the user interface is brilliant which makes me come back to it over and over. Today I thought I'd try to do something with it. It's from the poster to the movie The Exorcist. It's not perfect in any way. Proportions are poor, things arent in their right place etc. But I wasn't going for perfectionism in any way and I've mostly painted the picture from memory so I hope you ... yeah yeah excuses excuses

Anyway, there are lots of things that need to be done with the picture. Any suggestions? But please remember that I'm not going for an exact replica of the original poster.

PS
    I'm making the Max von Sydow character a bit thinner in the next version.

Cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exorcist-metz.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	200.8 KB 
ID:	35343  

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Peri, Hello!!! sure do remember that movie and poster, your painting still has that foreboding feeling, cold and scary!!!! good job!

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks mate! I'm going to work some more on it but haven't had the time for it yet.

/M

Gallery
    View images
    Yep, I remember that one as well. Great atmosphere here!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images

What are the pros of open canvas and corel painter?

I have the option of putting open canvas and corel painter on my computer for digital painting purposes. I currently use adobe photoshop 7, but I find my paintings don't look as much like paint.
    Which is better? Open canvas or corel paint? what are the pros of them; do they make good digital paintings?

Gallery
    View images
    I am not familiar with the poster but, I wouldn't want to be there.

Alicemurray. You should have posted this note on a different thread in General Chat or one of the other categories. This one is for talking about the painting that is submitted.
    Click the grey ArtRage Forums button and shoose one of the other categories and then click New Thread to begin one.
    Thank you. I know this is a mistake from your number of posts.
    Enjoy the forum. Thanks.