ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Can't get started again.

Can't get started again.

I got pulled over to Farmtown and it took me away from my painting. Now I am having a problem getting back.
    Having two different programs doesn't help either.
    Just cannot find anything I want to paint right now. Maybe the upcoming surgery is making me loose concentration.
    I will keep trying though. Hope to be back drawing again soon.

Hope all goes well with the painting and the surgery. Farmtown is definitely hazardous to your creativity.

I made it to the top level so I am not that interested in it again except for the people you meet.

Sometimes we simply need to do something else that takes our mind and concentration on a different path. Even trying to create with Art Rage can become tedious if that is all we do. I find sometimes I have to leave Art Rage alone for a while because nothing wants to come out of the imagination. Mindless games from time to time help me clear out the cobwebs in the old noggin.

In any event, don't be beating yourself up because you have hit a dry patch. Don't make trying to create a chore. It should be a pleasure. Kind of like hiding that favorite chocolate so you know you have something to look forward to. You know you don't have to eat it all at one sitting.

Thanks. I have several things going at the present. I scheduled my operation for 7 December yesterday.
    I lost my left kidney last year to cancer. Had a big cyst on it and the cyst was cancerous. about 5 pounds worth.
    There was a smaller cyst on the right kidney at the time. We got all the cancer. During the spring of this year the cyst on the remaining kidney grew. It was too much growth. We monitored it for another 3 months and it stabilized but could begin again at any time. WE have decided to remove it while there is still nothing visible there.
    There is some fuzziness around the one edge of it. We are ot sure what that is.
    I had that on my mind also. Ididn't really worry about the past surgery even though it was the first I have ever had. I just turned it all over to God and let Him worry about it.
    This time I am having a problem doinig that for some reason. Maybe it is the last kidney and that worries me or maybe something else I am not aware of. At any rate, I am more concerned about it this time. I also have had more time to think about this one.
    maybe all of this is what keeps me doing things that do not require thought.
    Thanks for all the thoughts.

Thanks Rose.

Hi Ray,
    I've been loosely following this thread and wanted to add my best wishes on your upcoming surgery. I can certainly see where it would be weighing down your creative energies. Here's a thought: have a go at Peter's layers and blends technique. It's very relaxing and doesn't require a lot in the way of planning and can produce some surprizing results. All my best to you my friend.
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=22736

Hey Ray,

For what its worth, youve got a lot of positive energy flowing from this source. Im sure all will be well--but I know that if I was in your shoes, Id be worried a bit too. All the best!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Raybrite - adding here some additional positive energy and all good thoughts towards a successful surgery and recovered vitality.

All the very best to you.
    Byron
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4