ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Human figure study 4

Human figure study 4

I played with carving the figure from a pre-blackened background. It's fun.
    The right arm is stiff for some reason. Overall not as feminine as I liked. What am I doing wrong? Also, since the photo cuts off the head of the model, I didn't know how to finish the top, since she has a werid tilt.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

doesnt matter about the head, looks good to me,
    im not an anatomy expert, but,
    to get it more feminine, the muscle tones in females (mostly) are less defined, should be a more smoother/softer graduation, her arm on the left looks awkward , (it looks like theres a bump on the elbow sectin?)maybe thats the reason why it looks stiff? but as i say looking good
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

You are right, the right arm has this werid twist that's hard to capture. I spent so much time trying to get it and finally kind of gave up But the tummy good, eh?

yes tummy good, toned...but that line in the middle is a bit too deep i think? ....
    Enchanter
    My artist friend

yes, that line is the mid-line abdominal scar from her recent gastric bypass. That's why the rest of her looks so fabulous. :wink:

ok if you say so
    Enchanter
    My artist friend