Thread: ArtRage in ImagineFX

Gallery
    View images

ArtRage in ImagineFX

One of the articles in this issue - November - uses Art Rage to show a quick character design method

Gallery
    View images
    I can see it now... inside the back cover, a big offer to go to art school, if you can use ArtRage to paint this pirate, or that cartoon character, or...

Actually, I've seen some really good books on western comic character design, and there are a glut of books on manga styling. Now there are books which are specific to character design principles for video games.

At my stage, I'm just happy for books on anatomy and the basic principles of animation.
    --
    [ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ] Japanese-themed tees and gifts

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by halley
    I can see it now... inside the back cover, a big offer to go to art school, if you can use ArtRage to paint this pirate, or that cartoon character, or...

Actually, I've seen some really good books on western comic character design, and there are a glut of books on manga styling. Now there are books which are specific to character design principles for video games.

At my stage, I'm just happy for books on anatomy and the basic principles of animation.

Halley...check out http://store.doverpublications.com/0486436411.html

There are quite a few INEXPENSIVE anatomy guides for artists here. You may also want to check a local college bookstore for an outdated Greys Anatomy or similar medical reference books.

This is a decent reference site I found online http://www.characterdesigns.com/inde...page=photosets

With a little exploration you could probably find some more
    --------------------------------------------------------
    The truth is this to me...and that to thee.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkngel
    Oh, I have my little library here already. I was just saying you don't need a lot of the newfangled specialized stuff if you know the fundamentals and then play on your own from there. Good to post some links here anyway, so thanks!
    --
    [ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ] Japanese-themed tees and gifts

Gallery
    View images
    Halley, I couldn't agree more.

But, the mag does feature all sorts of anatomy lessons and art techniques/skills that will, in my opinion, help out artists of all levels.

The ArtRage workshop in issue 10 spawned from Francis Tsai's (www.teamgt.com) idea of using it as a digital sketchbook with a graphics tabelt/tablet PC. Not because we're trying to get people to run before they can walk...

The idea of ImagineFX is to help artists find their direction. Not teach them how to paint pirates - although the techniques learnt in a workshop about pirates can inspire them to try new things if you catch my drift.

Cheers!

Gallery
    View images
    WOAH!......its

Rob Carney from the dgital painting mag ImagineFX

nice ot see you here Rob!

Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Rob,

Back in February, Andy asked me to put some stuff together for your mag.
    Nobody made contact so it never reached you.

May I take this late opportunity to present you with the ArtRage Editorial Sword.
    (Yes I know the date's wrong. ops: I was concentrating on painting the greasy label.)

Phil
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Rob. Welcome to the forums!

I think you missed my EMail offering you a chance to play with the Beta of ArtRage 2.2.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Hi guys - good to be here.

I must say, ArtRage is just a beautiful app. Andy, I would love to check out the beta - I can't recall getting that email.

Phil, er, thanks! Do you mean submit some work for our galleries/workshops etc? If so, drop me an email at rob@imaginefx.com (sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick, but it's late here and I've had a tough day).

Anyhow, look forward to being around here more often and checking out the cool ArtRage work.

Cheers!

Gallery
    View images
    Woot! its Rob the editor. Welcome to the forum 8)

The thing with magazines over books is that they are upto date with the latest technology. True, the most important stuff are fundamentals like anatomy and perspective but you also need to know how to actually get those ideas in your head onto the canvas/screen.

I will do some art good enough to get into fxpose some day :wink: