ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Revisiting an old drawing

Revisiting an old drawing

This sketch was done with pencil and paper over a year ago from the last hospital ID card made before I retired. I needed an Avatar for the forums I was following at the time and was tired of using stock images. I scanned the sketch, printed a "ghost" copy, inked it with Sharpies, and colored it with Hi-Lighters. The result was the Avatar I have used ever since. The sketch is significant because, other than an occasional doodle on a paper napkin, it was my first attempt at drawing anything in over thirty years. It demonstrated that my long neglected skills had not entirely abandoned me and it renewed my interest in drawing and painting. I am hoping that it will provide a good starting point to apply what I am learning about ArtRage. I'll post each step as I turn it into a painting to get feedback on my progress.

Robert
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LINEsketch0001.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	374.0 KB 
ID:	35178  

Next Step. . .

. . .Import into ArtRage and start cleaning up the image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nextstep.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	200.9 KB 
ID:	35192