ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: seaview

seaview

Feel free to give me tips and input please!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bay.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	35142  

I like the composition and color - the wave effect is fantastic! Congrats!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Nice! I've struggled with waves a lot as well. Peter gave me some fantastic advice here: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=21366 if you want to see how he does waves. Scroll down on the first page. He's got some really amazing wave images. I got a lot of ideas from his work and tutorials.

It looks good though. Not heavy on detail, nice and open. Keep it up.
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

thanks for the tips guys....hopefully my next "masterpiece",will be on here soon as poss....

Dear Tsteve, Hello!!!, very pretty view and painting, lovely breezy aqua colors, only advise is to keep painting and have fun here!!!

hmm... i know water as 3 things and it is very challenging. what lies beneath or whats mixed in the water (which always makes water more interesting), the reflection, and windspeed across the surface. but it is hard because each piece is just as important as the other in defining the liquid, as opposed to say.. drawing a rock where just shading alone can define form.