ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR 3 Forum?

Gallery
    View images

AR 3 Forum?

Just wondering what the plans for the forums... A new and separate one for for AR 3 with AR 2 still running? an amalgamation? or something completely different?..........

Gallery
    View images
    Why split the community?

Not like there's a bunch of different softwares with separate tech issues to be answered like with Apple forums. That's more for organizational purposes so people might find their topic of a specific operating system version or Mail or Movie or Garage Band. In those cases it's a matter of practicality.

I could see perhaps having separate Q&A forums for technical issues for those who find interest or need in those things.

Hopefully people will naturally trade up to the latest version as a matter of course. Would hate to think that really good artists would be using an earlier version and posting in that forum. Wouldn't be a very convincing argument to upgrade.

I am chomping at the bit for V.3 though, I dare say.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    People using 2.0 can still post here. Why couldn't they?

Gallery
    View images
    AR 2.0 to AR 2.5 only had a handful of differences, which could be resolved by downloading the upgrade. This change requires a purchase of new software. If the changes are significant enough, there could be a great deal of confusion when it comes down to technical support and tutorials specifically. I figure the Gallery and Critique areas would be fine for the most part, but for those forum areas that require one to use one product or another, having answers given for both them, may prove a bit troublesome.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    I too am looking forward to getting my hands on the new version!

As to confusion with the forums, there could quite easily be a tech support for 2/2.5 and another for 3. In the regular chats or galleries, people could mention which version they are using, if it really matters. Many already mention the techniques they use in the creation of their artwork. I guess weŽll see.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    All they should do is change the banner, and those with older versions of AR can still post on here.

Gallery
    View images
    I don't think the intention is to block people out, but rather make it less confusing for those who visit with the different versions. For example, if I'm looking for help on how to create a good watercolor effect (which I use as an example here, because it's the only confirmed feature I know of), what kind of answers can I expect if I haven't upgraded to AR3? A number of the posts will likely say, "Use the new Water Color tool", which wouldn't help me in the least, because I wouldn't have the tool to use. If people are using AR2-2.5, they should have an area specifically for asking questions on that program, while those using AR3 should have an area to ask questions for that version, because while the tips given for AR2-2.5 may be performed in AR3, the reverse will probably be unlikely.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    We're kinda leaving working out that kinda thing to the last minute.
    In fact it'll probably be after the release of ArtRage 3 that we get around to organizing the forums in a sensible way to deal with it.
    All our focus is on getting ArtRage 3 completed and out the door first!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Hi,

I'm for an incorporated (sub)forum in this one.
    -People can still learn from the basics provided in the 2.5 forum
    -All artwork stay in the same place for all users to view
    -Expertise and tips are handed through out all versions
    -And last but not least it may people be persuaded to get the newer version as it ,would/should and of course does ,have great new features that makes our hearts tick a little faster.

To make the distinction on which version people use,in another forum I attend it is solved by adding a field to the personal items,where they can state which versions of software they use.

Hans
    Last edited by haakoo; 11-02-2009 at 01:58 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Andy, may i put it on my Christmas wish list?,, drooooool !