ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Following Tutorials

Following Tutorials

I am new to ArtRage - great software. Have been attempting tutorials to work through the program. One is the portrait tutorial posted by Dali, the other a landscape tutorial posted by Khalid.

All critiques of my attempts greatly appreciated. John.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Portrait.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	171.7 KB 
ID:	34872  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Welcome John and what a great start. Your paintings are great and I am sure we will see lots more from you.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Gallery
    View images
    Welcome to ArtRage and the forums! I have to agree with coops: youŽre off to a fine start. The best advice is to simply jump in and start fiddling about with the program and its features. IŽm sure youŽll be posting regularly in short order. Have fun!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    Hey JohnT............welcome!

I go with Coops and Scott.......these two are a great start.........dive in and give us more ( we are a greedy bunch here.........hehhehheh!)
    Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

Gallery
    View images
    Welcome to the forums John

I have say one thing about the nose, on the little girl which is a fantastic painting otherwise, the nose needs just a little more work

Off to a great start indeed
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    Since this is a critique forum, let me offer my 2 cents. The light seems to come from the right side and over her left sholuder. Therefore, the highlights should be on the hair on right side of the picture and the shadows should be on the hair on the left side of the picture. I wonder if a little darker shadow needs to be where the hair meets the right side of her face. That would be the left side of the picture which is of course the girls right side.

Where the hair touches the left shoulder some shadowing might be done to make it no so flat.

I like the way you textured the skin of the face. There is a great expression there with the mouth, the turned up nose and the eyes.

Where the white of the eye meets the skin, would a little narrow brown line outlining the eye help to give more depth to the eyes?

Remember, those that can paint, paint, and those that can't critique. Wish I could remember who said that.
    Carl

Thank you all very much for your welcome and comments. I look forward each day to new posts on the forum and hope to be able to contribute.

Gallery
    View images
    Welcome to here JohnT. You're off to a great start and I hope you'll keep at it.

Gallery
    View images
    the anatomy could evolve more. just keep painting and finding creative solutions you'll be fine.