ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Weird problem with artrage

Question Weird problem with artrage

Hi all!

Im a happy artrage user but suddenly there is a problem.

Im working on a painting using the airbrush. Now two weeks later i want to finish it but the airbrush is just acting strange.
    The colour black isn't black anymore but a more gray like.
    When i brush with blakc it also gives a weird black spot.
    Don't really know how to explain it, so ive added a screenshot. I hope you know what im meaning and can help me with this.

thanks you,

p.s
    o lol i wanted to post a pictures trought tinypic but because being this my first post i can't give a link
    so i hope you understand what i mean...

I've updated your account, so you should be able to link to a screenshot now. You can also post a screenshot as an attachment - see this post: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5

If possible, it'd definitely be handy to be able to have a look at a screenshot to get a better idea of what's happening there for you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I'm betting it will be that you bumped the metallic slider on the colour wheel

Welcome to the forums SerinaWilliams, Dave will sort ya out
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

@ Silentman : thanks for the welcome

@ DaveRage : Thank you for updating. I've uploaded the file. Hope you can see it and see what i mean.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vaag gedoe met airbrush.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	34862  

There are a couple of things that could cause this and we will need some more information to find out what is happening:

It could be that your Layer is less than 100% opaque. Please check the Opacity value using the menu arrow for the black-filled layer in the Layer Panel, that should indicate the value. If it is not 100%, set it to 100%.

One other possibility is that your image was not saved as a Painting file but exported then re-imported. This will change the colour of the paint as exporting applies a light to the canvas so that other applications can see the texture of the paint applied.

The black area isn't quite black, it looks as if it is a really dark version of the canvas colour, so I am guessing that opacity is the problem. If it isn't, please send a copy of the painting to support@artrage.com (if it is less than 5 megabytes in size) and we can take a look at it directly.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

The opacity of the background layer is on 100%
    Note: i've choisen for a more gray background instead of black.

I think i exported the painting and then re-imported. That sounds the most logical.

For sureness i have added a other screenshot of the actually painting ( bcause it's 35mb)

thanks for helping
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	voorbeeld.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	34877