ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: [Fixed] Random exiting

Gallery
    View images

[Fixed] Random exiting

Hi,
    I just bough myself a Bamboo Pen and tried to use ArtRage with it (latest version).
    It works rather well, but ArtRage randomly exits without a warning : sometimes it takes 10 seconds, sometimes 10 minutes. It always happens when I draw with the pen (not with the mouse).
    I've tried enabling/disabling the precise drawing mode, but nothing changed.
    Can you help me ?

Thanks in advance.

PS : I'm using WindowsXP.
    Last edited by Kalith; 10-21-2009 at 06:36 AM.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Kalith,

I can't recall having encountered a similar problem to the one described, but if it's only happening when you draw with your tablet stylus, I'd suggest downloading the latest tablet software from Wacom's website at www.wacom.com , uninstalling the current tablet software then temporarily turning off any antivirus software before installing the latest version ( just in case it's interfering with the correct installation of the tablet software ), restarting your computer and trying to paint in ArtRage again with the stylus.

If that doesn't help, try closing down any background programs before you launch ArtRage to see if any of these are related to the problem, and let me know whether that helps or not. I can do some more advanced troubleshooting directly with you via email at support@ambientdesign.com
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Hi !
    I'll try that and get back to you by email with the results.
    I'll also post back the solution here if that's related to my system
    Thanks.

Gallery
    View images
    Well, that actually fixed my problem !
    Thank you very much for your support.

Gallery
    View images
    That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design