ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eye for an eye

eye for an eye

hey everyone, i always enjoy and admire the beauty of the human eye but i was never skilled enough to recreate gods doing, so heres my first attempt using AR to make an eye, but i would really appreciate all eye experts posting some of your examples here, thanx in advance guys and gals
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eye.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	34378  
    Last edited by sueno2jz; 10-18-2009 at 12:41 PM.
    yeah i drink, so what you wanna fight about it!

Hey Sueno! Great idea for a thread! I think your eye looks awesome! There are many many ways to portray the eye's and yours is very unique.

This is a sketch I did of my eye's and below it, I decided to sketch my son's eye's just to do a comparison. When I saw your thread tonight I figured it is the perfect place to post it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

An Eye

Hi Sueno,
    I like to throw in a flower or an object in the eye. In Silvy's portrait I drew roses in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchism71 View Post
    Hey Sueno! Great idea for a thread! I think your eye looks awesome! There are many many ways to portray the eye's and yours is very unique.

This is a sketch I did of my eye's and below it, I decided to sketch my son's eye's just to do a comparison. When I saw your thread tonight I figured it is the perfect place to post it!
    thanx sketchism71, it was my first attempt so hopefully i get better with time, but you are an awesome sketch artist, very realistic, and it seems you were able to capture the emotion and innocence of your son, A+ my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Hi Sueno,
    I like to throw in a flower or an object in the eye. In Silvy's portrait I drew roses in the corner.
    hey alexandra, you actually pointed out exactly what i wanted to do, still practicing though so you might see me messing around with a few things like kanji in the pupil or what have you, but heres a friends painting who is an outstanding artist, she is so creative i almost feel like posting a bunch of her pics here and calling them my own, nah but ill probrably tell her to join so she can share some of her skill and technique with the group, but thanx again for sharing that beautiful painting of an eye
    oh and she also uses real paint something i was never able to do
    yeah i drink, so what you wanna fight about it!

Wow, that is really great Sueno! I like both yours and hers. She would be most welcome here I am sure. I feel that way about my sister. She has some beautiful paintings, I wish she would post some of her things.

Sketch: Like Sueno said, so realistic. I took notes, and I plan on making a few more tries concerning the sparkle or reflections in the eye. I like the fair line through the eye. You are an amazing artist. I enjoy seeing your art.

Aw...Thanks Alexandra!

Those are very cool Sueno and Alexandra! It is fun to play with the reflections with images. A while ago I attempted to paint the eye's of Batman and wanted the reflection to be the joker looking at him... I never finished it, it is in the WIP section somewhere.
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

I posted this one in the Gallery and then found this thread............done with layers and blends

Name:	no68.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	34450  
    Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

It's amazing what one can do with layers and blend modes

Name:	The Eye.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	34453  
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

An old one resurrected for you

Name:	blue eyes.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	128.6 KB 
ID:	34454  

Wow, Peter, Col, and Fraser, these are great. I need to learn how to make the lashes. Thanks for starting this thread Sueno.