Thread: Vampyress

Gallery
    View images

Vampyress

Coming up to Halloween, so time for some spooky fun.... this is a female Vampire (or Vampyre) I'm currently working on. The reference is a render I created in Poser (For those interested in the technical details, it's V4 with the Lorelei character texture and morphs applied, with Neftis' Christine hair.) The render is fairly simple, but I'll be adding some extra details in the painting- she'll be wearing a white shift with perhaps a bit of a lacy collar and some blood on the chin dripping down to stain the fabric. I have some ideas for more details, but I may or may not use them. Background-wise, I'm not sure what I'll do there - I might leave it blank, or I might put in some stone crosses or something equally spooky. At the moment, I kind of like it blank.

I'm using oils for the skin (high thinner amount) and chalk and pencils for the eyes. I'm aiming for a fantasy feel to it when I'm done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	34008  

To Frodo it appeared that a white light was shining through the form and raiment of the rider, as if through a thin veil [...] His speech and clear ringing voice left no doubt in their hearts: the rider was of the Elvenfolk. No others that dwelt in the wide world had voices so fair to hear.

Gallery
    View images
    I think you've made a great start. Can't wait to see the end result. Good job

Gallery
    View images
    I too am anxious to see the finished one. Good Luck!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Gallery
    View images
    Yes an amazing start, very good colour, one day i hope to be as good
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images

Gallery
    View images
    Hi everyone - sorry I haven't done any more work on this - my grandpa has been severely ill and died the day before Halloween. Obviously, art hasn;t really been in the forefront of my mind.....
    To Frodo it appeared that a white light was shining through the form and raiment of the rider, as if through a thin veil [...] His speech and clear ringing voice left no doubt in their hearts: the rider was of the Elvenfolk. No others that dwelt in the wide world had voices so fair to hear.

Gallery
    View images
    My condolences Elfdaughter, my heart is with you and look forward to you feeling well and returning to your art.

Gallery
    View images
    Your drawing looks like a real vamp.

Gallery
    View images
    So sorry for your loss Elfdaughter, my thoughts are with you and hope to see you returning to painting in the near future
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307