ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A Good Book

A Good Book

I can recommend

Ill Met By Moonlight by Sarah A. Hoyt

I've been listening to the audio version... features a young William Shakespeare, the Faerie folk have stolen his wife Anne Hathaway and his daughter, a nicely done fantasy, there's a little trans-gender and sexual content but nothing explicit.

I don't read much anymore, but used to have a lifestyle wherein I listened voraciously to literature on audio. It's a great thing to run in the background while painting or on the road.

It's a fine thing to get a recommendation. Because, like all of us, we find crappy books a waste of time and money, yet they get published all the time. And I find that a bit of infuriating. Conversely, the good ones are wonderful.

I suspect that your recommendation will insure a good experience. Thanks F-P.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I agree about there being so many books out there nowadays it is good to hear about ones that good. Even some very popular books nowadays leave me wanting for good literature.
    I love that new goodreads site where you can see what friends are reading or have read and recommend books you've read to others.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/1784325

Got it ordered from the library. Print version is all they had.

The library in LA is awesome. First of all the network of branches is bigger than the mind can grasp. And now with the internet, they have it worked out where you can browse the entire catalog and have them deliver an eligible book to your local branch. I've used it a lot.

I was delighted though not terribly surprised that they had copies in several branches.

Now lets see if I can manage to read it. I have eye issues that are just bad enough to make reading t length a strain. I can do it in short bursts, but when it's not recorded, I tend to have my computer read most things to me. . . even the posts here often times.

OCR (optical character recognition) is a God send for converting hard copies to text.
    Last edited by D Akey; 10-10-2009 at 10:27 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream