ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Import Layer?

Import Layer?

Hello, I was wondering if there is any way to import a layer as the counterpart to "export layer." I would like to export a layer to another application (Photoshop) for some minor tweaking that Photoshop is great at and then reimport that layer and resume painting.

I know I can save as a layered PSD, so maybe I can do that, but I am wondering if any painting information would be lost if I did that?

Thank you very much for any advice or insight!
    -Jon

There currently is no import layer option. It's something high up on our 'to do' list for a later release of ArtRage.
    In the meantime, you can export the entire document as a layered PSD, edit in another application, and then re-import as a PSD. Some information is lost relating to bump and other non-colour attributes of the paint.

Alternatively, you can export the layer as a PNG, edit it in another application, then load it as a tracing paper, and use the menu option to convert tracing paper to paint.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thank you, the tracing paper trick did the job very well!

-Jon

I know it's a bit of a 'cludge' work-around. It's high up on our 'to do' list to rework the handling of importing and exporting in various ways.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"