Thread: few usability ideas

Gallery
    View images

few usability ideas

I've not used Artrage for a white and these are some of the things that felt should be when I was checking it out again... :wink:

1) Double clicking the Move/Rotate/Zoom buttons resets each one respectively (using the menu all the time is a bit of a pain).

2) Zoom on point of intrest (zoom where the mouse is clicked on the canvas, rather than the center of the image).

3) Add some scrollwheel support (we don't all use tablets). My personal preference would be to have it zoom. Rotate , change tool size and pressure when holding the the Alt/Shift/Crtl keys (you can pick what order . Also having the middle mouse button a pan/move would be nice too, as is default in a lot of apps). Just read that you guys are adding Just configurable shortcut keys, configurable buttons so I guess you'll add wheel support at the same time.

4) Add Import Layer to the "Layer Options" menu (so one can easily export, edit in another program & import it back in place. As well as helping people that don't have programs that can editors PSD's, it would infact be better as you would loose as little stroke info as possible (only the one layer)).

5) On the Airbrush change the way "Taper Length" works so that tool size dose not change the length of the stroke (more intuitive plus makes small tool sizes useable).

Thant's all for now... :P

PS. Locking stroke direction & Layer Transform as still must haves too... cant wait to see that's new in v2.2 :wink:

Gallery
    View images

Re: few usability ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrik
    3) Add some scrollwheel support (we don't all use tablets). My personal preference would be to have it zoom. Rotate , change tool size and pressure when holding the the Alt/Shift/Crtl keys (you can pick what order . Also having the middle mouse button a pan/move would be nice too, as is default in a lot of apps).
    You beat me to it! I was honestly about to post a request for middle-mouse-drag to work like the pan control. Even when I use the tablet, I often reach over to use the mouse for some things. I have never liked tapping for GUIs, though a stylus beats a mouse for the actual strokes.
    --
    [ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ] Japanese-themed tees and gifts